Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drilled a hole I shouldn't have

Situation is that SWMBO wanted me you put up curtain rods over two 8' high
by 6' wide sliding doors.
Packaged with the rods and #8 x 1-1/4 screws are some plastic anchors which
resemble white tubes with a split on both sides and a couple wings.
Instructions said to use a 3/16" bit. Thought I was just drilling through
sheetrock but I was very quickly into wood.
I tried to get the anchor in but it refused so I drilled the hole deeper.
It still didn't want to go in without bending.
So then I tried a 1-1/2" screw but I had drilled too deeply into the wood
for the screw to hold.
What to do now? Only idea I'm having is to cram some toothpicks into the
hole and use a screw.
Changing the location of the bracket is not an option.
BTW, the bracket and screwheads will be visible. Any thoughts or ideas will
be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Dick in Ferris, TX