DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pet odor removal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/326954-pet-odor-removal.html)

[email protected] July 31st 11 06:40 PM

Pet odor removal

I buy houses out of foreclosure, rehab them and resell them or (OMG) a
profit. The banks don't like this much but I really don't care. The
houses with the most profit potential are the ones that have pet odor
and mold. I have tried everything on the "over the counter market"
and not one of them is worth the effort to drop them in the shopping
cart. Even the sealing primers and paints don't work long term.

Is there any product out there that works on pet urine?
Is there any product out there that works on mold?

aemeijers July 31st 11 08:43 PM

Pet odor removal

On 7/31/2011 1:40 PM, wrote:
I buy houses out of foreclosure, rehab them and resell them or (OMG) a
profit. The banks don't like this much but I really don't care. The
houses with the most profit potential are the ones that have pet odor
and mold. I have tried everything on the "over the counter market"
and not one of them is worth the effort to drop them in the shopping
cart. Even the sealing primers and paints don't work long term.

Is there any product out there that works on pet urine?
Is there any product out there that works on mold?

A tragic insurance fire is the only sure cure I am aware of. Sealers and
ozone generators and such do work, but often, even years later, in hot
damp weather, the smell comes back.

--
aem sends...

HeyBub[_3_] July 31st 11 08:53 PM

Pet odor removal

wrote:
I buy houses out of foreclosure, rehab them and resell them or (OMG) a
profit. The banks don't like this much but I really don't care. The
houses with the most profit potential are the ones that have pet odor
and mold. I have tried everything on the "over the counter market"
and not one of them is worth the effort to drop them in the shopping
cart. Even the sealing primers and paints don't work long term.

Is there any product out there that works on pet urine?
Is there any product out there that works on mold?

A commercial ozone generator. The kind used after removal of a large, very
dead, thing. It will kill odors, mold, mildew, roaches, mice, and anything
else organic.

Home Guy July 31st 11 10:55 PM

Pet odor removal

aemeijers wrote:

Is there any product out there that works on pet urine?
Is there any product out there that works on mold?

A tragic insurance fire is the only sure cure I am aware of.

In other words - consider arson.

But never ever be a pirate and download stuff without paying for it -
because that's bad.

Arson - Ok.

Pirate - bad.

aem sends...

What's an "aem"? You?

What gets sent?

paulaner July 31st 11 11:11 PM

Pet odor removal

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 13:40:34 -0400, wrote:

I buy houses out of foreclosure, rehab them and resell them or (OMG) a
profit. The banks don't like this much but I really don't care. The
houses with the most profit potential are the ones that have pet odor
and mold. I have tried everything on the "over the counter market"
and not one of them is worth the effort to drop them in the shopping
cart. Even the sealing primers and paints don't work long term.

Is there any product out there that works on pet urine?
Is there any product out there that works on mold?

If it's not too bad:
Use Nature's Miracle on the urine.
Use borax on the mold.

If it's more serious, you gotta rip it out and replace. If you are
serious about this business, find a guy you trust and let him replace
the stinky stuff (carpet, drywall, etc). Do it right and you will be
rewarded.

aemeijers July 31st 11 11:39 PM

Pet odor removal

On 7/31/2011 5:55 PM, Home Guy wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

Is there any product out there that works on pet urine?
Is there any product out there that works on mold?

A tragic insurance fire is the only sure cure I am aware of.

In other words - consider arson.

But never ever be a pirate and download stuff without paying for it -
because that's bad.

Arson - Ok.

Pirate - bad.

aem sends...

What's an "aem"? You?

What gets sent?

It's called making a joke. Look it up. No judge or jury would consider
what I wrote an actual incitement to commit arson.

And if you had ever had to deal with an animal-stinky house, you'd know
why people say things like that, in jest.

But since you are clearly humor-impaired, well, never mind.

-- aem sends...

Red Green July 31st 11 11:59 PM

Pet odor removal

wrote in :

I buy houses out of foreclosure, rehab them and resell them or (OMG) a
profit. The banks don't like this much but I really don't care. The
houses with the most profit potential are the ones that have pet odor
and mold. I have tried everything on the "over the counter market"
and not one of them is worth the effort to drop them in the shopping
cart. Even the sealing primers and paints don't work long term.

Is there any product out there that works on pet urine?
Is there any product out there that works on mold?

Dealt with dog odor in multiple places I rehabed.

Upon deciding to buy the place, if you smell it when you walk in to
evaluate, immediately add into your rehab cost ALL new carpert/padding. If
too much of a $ hit don't buy it. Also plan to replace baseboard trim at
corners at least. Probably saturated with ****. After carpet removal let it
air in the open for a couple of weeks to fully dry out. Afterwards, buy
gallons of bleach, pour and spread liberally. Let dry. This worked for me
even on one "gag'r".

Steve B[_10_] August 1st 11 12:00 AM

Pet odor removal

wrote in message
I buy houses out of foreclosure, rehab them and resell them or (OMG) a
profit. The banks don't like this much but I really don't care. The
houses with the most profit potential are the ones that have pet odor
and mold. I have tried everything on the "over the counter market"
and not one of them is worth the effort to drop them in the shopping
cart. Even the sealing primers and paints don't work long term.

Is there any product out there that works on pet urine?
Is there any product out there that works on mold?

Total replacement of carpet and pad, plus cleaning of the concrete
underneath for pet urine; and total mold remediation with a federal
inspector for mold. Everything else is less than total remediation, and can
come back to bite you on the disclosure, or later if you don't disclose.

Steve

Home Guy August 1st 11 01:09 AM

Pet odor removal

aemeijers wrote:

-- aem sends...

Sends what?

[email protected] August 1st 11 01:28 AM

Pet odor removal

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 17:55:17 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

aemeijers wrote:

Is there any product out there that works on pet urine?
Is there any product out there that works on mold?

A tragic insurance fire is the only sure cure I am aware of.

In other words - consider arson.

But never ever be a pirate and download stuff without paying for it -
because that's bad.

Arson - Ok.

Pirate - bad.

aem sends...

What's an "aem"? You?

My guess (going back more than a decade) is that his name is A. E. Meijers
(another spelling of Meyers?)

What gets sent?

What you got.