Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Difference between Ridgid manual threaders

I have a few Ridgid pipe threading tools that I brought home last week
or so:

1) Ridgid 12-R, 1/2 to 2" dies.

http://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-55207-T.../dp/B001HWDR7I

This is a Ridgid manual threader set.

2) A bunch of Ridgid heads 65-TC like this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I am trying to understand what I need out of this. My own guess is
that I do not really need these 65-TC heads at all, as they do not
give me any bigger pipe threading capacity, and that I can do
all my threading with set 1).

Am I missing anything?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2011 4:16 AM, Ignoramus6457 wrote:
I have a few Ridgid pipe threading tools that I brought home last week
or so:

1) Ridgid 12-R, 1/2 to 2" dies.

http://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-55207-T.../dp/B001HWDR7I

This is a Ridgid manual threader set.

2) A bunch of Ridgid heads 65-TC like this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I am trying to understand what I need out of this. My own guess is
that I do not really need these 65-TC heads at all, as they do not
give me any bigger pipe threading capacity, and that I can do
all my threading with set 1).

Am I missing anything?

Id sell the t65 heads and keep the other set .

--
Kevin (Bluey)