Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Seeking a well education

Confess that I don't know a well from a hole in the ground, but since
I've been 1/2 owner of one for a couple of years I think I'd like to
begin to understand the thing. If you're having a particularly boring
day you're welcome to view pics:

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/well/7t.jpg
http://members.cox.net/prestwich/well/8t.jpg
http://members.cox.net/prestwich/well/9t.jpg
http://members.cox.net/prestwich/well/10t.jpg
http://members.cox.net/prestwich/well/12t.jpg
http://members.cox.net/prestwich/well/14t.jpg

I have no idea what any of that stuff is, other than the hose bibs. I
think my main questions at this point a

1. Does all this look reasonable and normal?

2. Do all well systems work more or less the same way, with a set of
standard components and sub-systems?

3. Does anyone know of a *good* book, video, or website that explains
wells well? I don't know enough to even ask many intelligent questions
yet, so I'm thinking such an intro would be helpful.

Education Tom Watson Woodworking 102 January 12th 08 07:02 AM
Nailgun education Gunner Asch[_2_] Metalworking 10 December 31st 07 03:30 AM
Alternative education [email protected] UK diy 10 April 8th 06 01:06 AM
Early Education - A MUST HVAC IsFun Home Repair 3 May 29th 04 06:24 AM