Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Seeking tips about a backyard swing

On Jun 19, 4:15*pm, (Dennis M) wrote:
Let's say I have two large trees in my backyard that are about 61" apart
and 69" and 59" in diameter. Unfortunately there is no branch for a swing
in the perfect place higher up between them, in fact the lowest branch is
on the other side on one of the trees, and it's about 20 feet high (I don't
think my ladder could reach it even if I wanted to).

Is there some way to affix a rope, maybe about 15 feet high, between the
two trees so I can string a swing from it? What's the best way to do this
without harming the trees and not have it slowly slip down? I thought this
might make a neat summer project. Thanks.

The OP hasn't told us how tall/high he can reach with his own ladder,
and the size/diameter of the trees at that height.