Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Swimming Pool Phosphate Remover Cost Comparison

JimT wrote the following:
On 6/14/2011 12:01 AM, SMS wrote:
On 6/13/2011 9:10 PM, JimT wrote:
On 6/13/2011 9:49 PM, SMS wrote:
On 6/13/2011 4:22 PM, SMS wrote:

All of these products have lanthanum chloride or lanthanum
carbonate as
the active ingredient.

I'm pretty sure that almost every retail pool supply store has no
interest in selling something like Orenda PR10000, even though they
will use it themselves. Why sell a highly concentrated chemical when
you can sell much higher quantities of less concentrated versions and
net much higher profits.

They had five 55 gallon containers of it, and based on the retail
price for the 275 gallon price ($13,480.31) or $49.02 per gallon, they
probably paid around $35 per gallon.

I figured as much. I'm using the phosfree trying to get it to zero. But
I use the test at the store. I throw in about a pint a week.

The other issue is cyanuric acid. There are no commercially available
neutralizers and if you use 3" chlorine tabs the cyanuric acid builds
up so much that you end up with chlorine lock-up and you have to
drain and refill. Some pool stores really push the tabs instead of
liquid chlorine. They are convenient, but now I only use them when
I'm on vacation.

I don't use mine as much tabs.

I have a Nature 2 sanitizer installed after the filter for my inground
pool. Been using it for the last 6 or more years.
I use fewer tabs per season now than before I had it. The cartridge is
advertised as being good for 6 months, but since I am in the NE US, our
Summers are barely 3 months, so I use it for 2 seasons before replacing.
http://www.nature2.com/poolproducts/...fessionalg.asp

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 6/14/2011 8:24 AM, willshak wrote:

I have a Nature 2 sanitizer installed after the filter for my inground
pool. Been using it for the last 6 or more years.
I use fewer tabs per season now than before I had it. The cartridge is
advertised as being good for 6 months, but since I am in the NE US, our
Summers are barely 3 months, so I use it for 2 seasons before replacing.
http://www.nature2.com/poolproducts/...fessionalg.asp

I had one of those once, but I never saw a difference in chlorine use.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 11:57*am, SMS wrote:
On 6/14/2011 8:24 AM, willshak wrote:

I have a Nature 2 sanitizer installed after the filter for my inground
pool. Been using it for the last 6 or more years.
I use fewer tabs per season now than before I had it. The cartridge is
advertised as being good for 6 months, but since I am in the NE US, our
Summers are barely 3 months, so I use it for 2 seasons before replacing..
http://www.nature2.com/poolproducts/...fessionalg.asp

I had one of those once, but I never saw a difference in chlorine use.

Does that mean if you kept the chlorine at lower levels than normal
you wound up with noticeable water problems? Not that I disagree
with you, just curious. I'm skeptical about the science behind
it. The sales info is also misleading, as it
implies that normal chlorine levels cause eye and skin irritation and
odors. In fact, burning eyes and chlorine odor come from chloramines
which are combined chlorine that comes from a pool that needs to
be shocked.