Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do you think?

On 5/13/2011 12:32 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
One tree branch about ~4 in. in diameter over hangs across the fence
casting shade on our gazebo. I few times mentioned to the neighbor to
take care of his tree but no response at all. Now SWMBO says cut it and
toss the branch over into their yard. Is it too rude to do that?

Its your branch. Why would you toss it into the neighbors yard after you
cut it off?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
One tree branch about ~4 in. in diameter over hangs across the fence
casting shade on our gazebo. I few times mentioned to the neighbor to
take care of his tree but no response at all. Now SWMBO says cut it and
toss the branch over into their yard. Is it too rude to do that?

Just another lazy neighbor, not being responsible for "their" tree.

Once you cut it, smack him in the head to get his attention.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 11:32*am, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
One tree branch about ~4 in. in diameter over hangs across the fence
casting shade on our gazebo. I few times mentioned to the neighbor to
take care of his tree but no response at all. Now SWMBO says cut it and
toss the branch over into their yard. Is it too rude to do that?

If you want to start a range war go ahead. Otherwise, saw it off at
the property line, cut it up and bundle it and take it to the street
for pick-up. Slightly more effort than pitching it over the fence,
but maybe easier than feuding in the long run.

And more civilaized.

RonB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 10:50*am, RonB wrote:
On May 13, 11:32*am, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
One tree branch about ~4 in. in diameter over hangs across the fence
casting shade on our gazebo. I few times mentioned to the neighbor to
take care of his tree but no response at all. Now SWMBO says cut it and
toss the branch over into their yard. Is it too rude to do that?

If you want to start a range war go ahead. *Otherwise, saw it off at
the property line, cut it up and bundle it and take it to the street
for pick-up. *Slightly more effort than pitching it over the fence,
but maybe easier than feuding in the long run.

And more civilaized.

RonB

yeah anything overhanging your property is yours at the property line.

i would trim at line and dispose of properly