Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Neighbor problem (long)

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:40:55 -0400, "Carmen Troyer"
wrote:

"Bob F" wrote in message
Carmen Troyer wrote:
4 yrs ago, new neighbors moved in adjacent to my property.

The neighbor talked about building a deck. He didn't have a clue how
to go about it. Being in the trades years ago, I volunteered to
"help" him. Needless to say, he was my helper. Tis ok, that's what I
loved about our neighborhood, everyone always offer to help someone
else. BTW, this was no charge for all my effort. He said once the
deck was built, he would have a cookout inviting all the neighbors.

While we were "at it", we took out his patio slider, replaced it with
French doors. I still have my brake & some coils of aluminum, so all
the exterior trim work was done at my expense.

Well, he threw a party all right. Inviting all his relatives and not
one neighbor, not even myself or my family. Ok, I need to get over it
and move on. But, he & his family are absolute pigs. The patio doors
are still leaning against his garage, 2 years later. He has trash
such as carpet laying out by the deck, which has been there for at
least a year. One neighbor moved away because this guy refuses to mow
his yard until the city makes him. He has a commercial sit down new
"Scag". He parks his trailer for the mower in his front yard. The
city has made him move his trailer numerous times.

There's no talking to this guy, he's has an excuse for everything. I
told him I seen mice in the carpet, he said he doesn't have time to
dispose of it.

His place is an eye sore, simply because he's lazy. I'm embarrassed
to have company over, cause from my deck, it looks like I live next
door to a dump. This guy has no less than 4 old snowblowers sitting
around in his back yard.

Aside from calling the city, and bothering them every week. Anyone
have any suggestions? Yeah, I could move. He's already chased one
family out of the neighborhood, really don't want to give him the
satisfaction of chasing out another.

Plant a high hedge.

I like the idea, but unfortunately it would have to be really high.

Here's a picture of part of the mess from the top tier of my deck. It's
obvious the date it says it was taken is not correct. I took the picture
today.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6229199...in/photostream

Heck, that's not bad- half an hour with a pickup truck and it's all at
the dump.
Even if you have to rent a truck it's cheaper than getting ulcers or
high blood pressure over it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob wrote in message
Carmen Troyer wrote:
[...]

I gotta agree unless there is something else.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob F" wrote in message
Carmen Troyer wrote:
[...]

You're correct, "That's not bad", if you don't mind rodents. I've seen the
mice, and he's complained of ant problems. Lord knows carpet holds
moisture, which ants love. Maybe in due time he'll be infested and he'll
get chased out. I'll get a picture of the back yard with the snowblowers,
or with the trailer parked in the front yard.

I'll be darned if I ever have to pick up after grown ups, even my 4 yr old
knows enough to pick up after himself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob wrote in message
Carmen Troyer wrote:
[...]

You can add me to the guys that thinks it is no big deal.
There are neighborhoods around here where every blade of grass must be
in place, but fortunately I don't live in one of them.
If you don't like ants and mice, what are you doing living in the suburbs?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob wrote in message
Carmen Troyer wrote:
[...]

Because he doesn't like the rats in the city?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Carmen Troyer" wrote:

I'll be darned if I ever have to pick up after grown ups,

Then you can forget using Usenet.

--

rcb
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Apr 30, 1:35*pm, Frank wrote:
On 4/29/2011 10:34 PM, Carmen Troyer wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Bob *wrote in message
Carmen Troyer wrote:
[...]

Yeah, there are no ants or mice in the city......rolling eyes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:22:44 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

On Apr 30, 1:35Â*pm, Frank wrote:
On 4/29/2011 10:34 PM, Carmen Troyer wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Bob Â*wrote in message
Carmen Troyer wrote:
4 yrs ago, new neighbors moved in adjacent to my property.

The neighbor talked about building a deck. He didn't have a clue how
to go about it. Being in the trades years ago, I volunteered to
"help" him. Needless to say, he was my helper. Tis ok, that's what I
loved about our neighborhood, everyone always offer to help someone
else. BTW, this was no charge for all my effort. He said once the
deck was built, he would have a cookout inviting all the neighbors.

While we were "at it", we took out his patio slider, replaced it with
French doors. I still have my brake& Â*some coils of aluminum, so all
the exterior trim work was done at my expense.

Well, he threw a party all right. Inviting all his relatives and not
one neighbor, not even myself or my family. Ok, I need to get over it
and move on. But, he& Â*his family are absolute pigs. The patio doors
[...]

Nope - just RATS and COCKROACHES
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob wrote in message

Carmen Troyer wrote:

[...]

Both 4 legged and 2 legged rats, the latter being the more dangerous.

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob wrote in message
Carmen Troyer wrote:
[...]

Ants and mice are everywhere, not just the suburbs.
Actually, the mice in the suburbs and rural area are more colorful than
their city cousins. I've caught calico mice of brown, orange and white
coloration here in the rural area.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bob wrote in message
Carmen Troyer wrote:
[...]

I though the multi colored mouse might have been just local.
Years ago I had a hot rod Vega wagon. A mouse set up housekeeping on the
motor. I picked up one of the little ones still without fur. Her comes
Mama from around the edge of the driveway. Up onto the motor and plucks
the little one right from my hand.
She was a beautiful chestnut, white and brown with black borders around
the colors. I've never seen a mouse like that before or since.