Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Neighbor problem (long)

"Joe" wrote in message
On Apr 29, 12:14 pm, "Carmen Troyer" wrote:
4 yrs ago, new neighbors moved in adjacent to my property.

The neighbor talked about building a deck. He didn't have a clue how to go
about it. Being in the trades years ago, I volunteered to "help" him.
Needless to say, he was my helper. Tis ok, that's what I loved about our
neighborhood, everyone always offer to help someone else. BTW, this was no
charge for all my effort. He said once the deck was built, he would have a
cookout inviting all the neighbors.

While we were "at it", we took out his patio slider, replaced it with
French doors. I still have my brake & some coils of aluminum, so all the
exterior trim work was done at my expense.

Well, he threw a party all right. Inviting all his relatives and not one
neighbor, not even myself or my family. Ok, I need to get over it and move
on. But, he & his family are absolute pigs. The patio doors are still
leaning against his garage, 2 years later. He has trash such as carpet
laying out by the deck, which has been there for at least a year. One
neighbor moved away because this guy refuses to mow his yard until the
city
makes him. He has a commercial sit down new "Scag". He parks his trailer
for the mower in his front yard. The city has made him move his trailer
numerous times.

There's no talking to this guy, he's has an excuse for everything. I told
him I seen mice in the carpet, he said he doesn't have time to dispose of
it.

His place is an eye sore, simply because he's lazy. I'm embarrassed to
have
company over, cause from my deck, it looks like I live next door to a
dump.
This guy has no less than 4 old snowblowers sitting around in his back
yard.

Aside from calling the city, and bothering them every week. Anyone have
any
suggestions? Yeah, I could move. He's already chased one family out of the
neighborhood, really don't want to give him the satisfaction of chasing
out
another.

Every city has ordinances prohibiting this kind of thing. Go down to
city hall and file a complaint. If nothing happens, file another one.
If there is still no action start with the Mayors office and then go
to a council meeting and ask to have a report on the progress. Squeaky
wheel and all that, ya know...

Joe

Adding to Joes good idea. Take lots of pictures to show the mess. How do
they that a picture is as good as 1000 words or something like that. ww

Posted to alt.home.repair

WW wrote:

Adding to Joes good idea. Take lots of pictures to show the mess.
How do they that a picture is as good as 1000 words or something like
that. ww

Yep. Sam's Club, FedEx Office, and other places can blow up a digital photo
to poster size for a small amount - around $5.00. A picture that size has
MUCH more impact than a dozen photo-album-sized ones.