Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Planned Parenthood... OT

"Han" wrote in message
Kurt Ullman wrote in
m:

In article ,
Han wrote:

As far as the deficit spending is concerned, the alternative was to
let everyone, from big banks to small people declare bankruptcy and
get another Big Depression, or deficit spending. So far, I think,
most of us have gotten the best of it. Punishing the banks would be
a good thing going forward, as well as retroactively, but, again,
that is my opinion, FWIW!!

I might buy that if there had been more than just 3 or 4 years of
non-deficit spending since the time of Nixon. The only time there was
an extended surplus, it was because the economy was so breathtakingly
overheated because of cheap money and growing money supply that money
came in even quicker than both parties could put it out.
Also, a big reason that this was so bad was because EVERYBODY from
the corporations to individuals and even (finally) the gov was broke.

The list of people and institutions to punish is very long, since almost
no one bothered to make sure they were living within their means. Of
course that includes Congresscritters as well.

What bothers me the most is that the people that saw the greatest punishment
were those that DID live within their means. They are always the ones asked
to bail out the profligates one way or another.

--
Bobby G.