DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What kind of paint should I use on an outside chair? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/321717-what-kind-paint-should-i-use-outside-chair.html)

CraigT[_3_] April 13th 11 04:00 PM

What kind of paint should I use on an outside chair?

I've got a wood rocking chair that we usually keep on our deck that is need
of repainting. My first inclination is to use exterior acrylic latex, but
I'm worried that down the road the chalking of the paint will get on
clothes. What could I use that won't chalk?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6037 (20110412) __________

http://www.eset.com

Joe April 13th 11 07:41 PM

On Apr 13, 10:00*am, "CraigT" wrote:
I've got a wood rocking chair that we usually keep on our deck that is need
of repainting. *My first inclination is to use exterior acrylic latex, but
I'm worried that down the road the chalking of the paint will get on
clothes. *What could I use that won't chalk?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6037 (20110412) __________

http://www.eset.com

Buy whatever color you like at a boat shop. Pricey, but durable. Never
saw boat paint chalking, have you?

Joe

chaniarts[_2_] April 13th 11 08:11 PM

Joe wrote:
On Apr 13, 10:00 am, "CraigT" wrote:
I've got a wood rocking chair that we usually keep on our deck that
is need
of repainting. My first inclination is to use exterior acrylic
latex, but
I'm worried that down the road the chalking of the paint will get on
clothes. What could I use that won't chalk?

signature database 6037 (20110412) __________

http://www.eset.com

Buy whatever color you like at a boat shop. Pricey, but durable. Never
saw boat paint chalking, have you?

Joe

never seen a boat, did you?

boat paint chalks too.