Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE pays no income tax

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
"h" wrote:

"Bob Villa" wrote in message

On Mar 29, 8:53 am, Country wrote:

I'm afraid it's too late...everything IS made over there!

Not true. My very small business makes everything here in the USA and

about
one quarter of our sales are to people overseas.

Interesting article a couple of weeks ago on the Motley Fool. If you
look at manufacturing, we are actually making MORE things in the US than
ever before (even after adjusting for inflation). But we have become
spectactularly efficient at it. We still have as much mfg as ever, just
fewer jobs because of the efficiency. An example, in 1990 the average
autoworker's "share" of total auto production was 7.15 vehicles/year. By
2010, each worker was producing 11.2 vehicles.

Yes, because robots are replacing workers. Henry Ford would laugh because
even he knew that to sell cars, workers had to earn enough money to buy
them. Will these robot workers be buying cars, smartphones, extended
warranties, life insurance, gasoline, food, etc? I doubt it.

--
Bobby G.