Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE pays no income tax

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Mar 29, 3:56 pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Actually most of are suggesting that GE should not get any tax breaks
relative to their competitors. Rather we are largely saying that their
competitors shouldn't have to pay either.

It almost sounds like you're saying there should be no corporate tax,
and only individuals should pay tax. Since the Supreme Court decided
corporations are people, how can that be? Unless, that is, that
you're of the opinion that there should be no taxes and therefore no
government (volunteer government, anyone?). I'm of the opinion that
I'd really like Santa Claus to be real, and all the Playboy
centerfolds to be virgins. All of those scenarios are equally likely.

It sounds awfully much like corporations want to be treated like people when
it's a benefit and don't want to be considered people when it's not.
Reminds me of when Exxon sold off its tanker fleet after the Exxon Valdez to
better immunize themselves against future tanker disasters. If you or I did
something like that - registering a car under a friend's name because of too
many tickets - we would be prosecuted for insurance fraud. I strongly
suspect that those calling for an end to corporate taxation are officers in
their own corporations.

--
Bobby G.