Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Tennessee

I hear a new anti- sharia law is to be enacted in Tennessee.
Seems to be lots of muslims in Tennessee reading all the associated
articles about the business.
I wonder if the idea will spread? Or will they just get shot.
We have anti- burkha laws in some European countries.
Maybe we could do with similar in the UK.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

We have anti- burkha laws in some European countries.
Maybe we could do with similar in the UK.

Ancient laws directed against highwaymen (and modern
bank robbers) prohibit face masks and similar covering in
most European countries.

The modernized Canadian statute says:
"Every one who, with intent to commit an indictable offence,
has his face masked or coloured or is otherwise disguised is
guilty of an indictable offence." A trial decision in 1976
places the onus on the Crown to prove intent to commit
a crime (which disallows CC 351(2) as a ban on the
burka or niqab.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 26, 6:02*am, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

We have anti- burkha laws in some *European countries.
Maybe we could do with similar in the UK.

Ancient laws directed against highwaymen (and modern
bank robbers) prohibit face masks and similar covering in
most European countries.

The modernized Canadian statute says:
"Every one who, with intent to commit an indictable offence,
has his face masked or coloured or is otherwise disguised is
guilty of an indictable offence." *A trial decision in 1976
places the onus on the Crown to prove intent to commit
a crime (which disallows CC 351(2) as a ban on the
burka or niqab.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

Yeah, that would be a great consolation to the families of the victims
who were blown up by the suicide bomber-ess who concealed the lethal
vest under her burka and was not challenged by the politically-correct
cops. So much for "intent"...

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"harry" wrote in message

We have anti- burkha laws in some European countries.
Maybe we could do with similar in the UK.

Ancient laws directed against highwaymen (and modern
bank robbers) prohibit face masks and similar covering in
most European countries.

The modernized Canadian statute says:
"Every one who, with intent to commit an indictable offence,
has his face masked or coloured or is otherwise disguised is
guilty of an indictable offence." A trial decision in 1976
places the onus on the Crown to prove intent to commit
a crime (which disallows CC 351(2) as a ban on the
burka or niqab.)

In the late 1700's in Britain, having coal soot on one's face when
committing a crime was a capital offense. IIRC, the "committing a crime"
part was construed very liberally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital...United_Kingdom

"Known as the "Bloody Code", at its height the criminal law included some
220 crimes punishable by death, including "being in the company of Gypsies
for one month", "strong evidence of malice in a child aged 7-14 years of
age" and "blacking the face or using a disguise whilst committing a crime".
Many of these offences had been introduced to protect the property of the
wealthy classes that emerged during the first half of the 18th century, a
notable example being the Black Act of 1723, which created 50 capital
offences for various acts of theft and poaching."

--
Bobby G.