Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Japan before & after (interesting site)

Sorry for the OT, but maybe this will be an interesting
enough site that I won't get piled on too bad.
Bob-tx

This is an interesting site about the devastation in Japan.

When you go to the site, you will be presented with satellite
pictures of different areas before the damage.

The right hand side of the picture will be slightly shaded,
creating a vertical line between the shaded part of the
picture to the right and the unshaded part of the picture the left.

Everything to the left of this line is the view before the damage
and everything to the right is the exact same view after the damage
has occurred.

By putting the cursor pointer on this line and moving it to the left,
you will replace the before scene with the after scene.

You may slide your cursor pointer back and forth as you wish.

This is an excellent presentation style and is very dramatic.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/ja...eforeafter.htm

Hope you enjoy. Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob-tx" No Spam no contact wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for sending this , Bob. How sad to lose everything you have and the
loss of life. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob-tx" No Spam no contact wrote in news:4d7e4315$0$28225$bbae4d71
@news.suddenlink.net:

Sorry for the OT, but maybe this will be an interesting
enough site that I won't get piled on too bad.
Bob-tx

People love to see devastation. And the media feeds on it because of
that. They're as enthuastic about projecting body counts as winners in an
election.

After all, who here isn't a auto crash gazer?

This is an interesting site about the devastation in Japan.

When you go to the site, you will be presented with satellite
pictures of different areas before the damage.

The right hand side of the picture will be slightly shaded,
creating a vertical line between the shaded part of the
picture to the right and the unshaded part of the picture the left.

Everything to the left of this line is the view before the damage
and everything to the right is the exact same view after the damage
has occurred.

By putting the cursor pointer on this line and moving it to the left,
you will replace the before scene with the after scene.

You may slide your cursor pointer back and forth as you wish.

This is an excellent presentation style and is very dramatic.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/ja...eforeafter.htm

Hope you enjoy. Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob-tx" No Spam no contact wrote:

Sorry for the OT, but maybe this will be an interesting
enough site that I won't get piled on too bad.
Bob-tx

We've sure seen much worse on here-- There is certainly a home
repair theme in those pictures.

-snip-
This is an excellent presentation style and is very dramatic.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/ja...eforeafter.htm

Hope you enjoy. Bob-tx

That is absolutely the only way to appreciate what was and is no more.

On the top picture of the airport- over to the right in the farm
fields there are rows and rows of something-- Are they Greenhouses?
I've been watching them on TV and haven't had a clue, but it looks
like they might be row covers or plastic greenhouses when I can really
stare at them

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
[...]

Jim, go to GoogleEarth and search on Sendai Japan. Zoom in a bit to see
those rectangular places. Now go to Google's Street View and you see that
they are flooded fields.

I don't know the purpose.

Charlir

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charlie" wrote:

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

-snip-

On the top picture of the airport- over to the right in the farm
fields there are rows and rows of something-- Are they Greenhouses?
I've been watching them on TV and haven't had a clue, but it looks
like they might be row covers or plastic greenhouses when I can really
stare at them

Jim

Jim, go to GoogleEarth and search on Sendai Japan. Zoom in a bit to see
those rectangular places. Now go to Google's Street View and you see that
they are flooded fields.

I don't know the purpose.

Ahhh--- rice paddies. I've walked through a few of those in my day.
Shoulda thought of that, but I was seeing them as domes, not just
shiny spots.

Thanks-
Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Enjoy isn't the word. Spooky. Hey, the buildings that
remained. Wonder what was distinctive about them?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[...]

New Interesting site martin de roode Metalworking 3 February 19th 06 04:34 AM
New Interesting site martin de roode Woodworking 1 February 18th 06 05:35 PM
Interesting kart site [email protected] Metalworking 2 January 20th 06 09:18 PM
interesting site Majosoft Metalworking 0 March 10th 05 08:28 PM
interesting site hallo Metalworking 1 February 9th 05 03:01 AM