Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Some Unusual Home Repair Businesses

I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at www.500ways.com.
If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/11/2011 11:57 AM, Jeff wrote:
I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at www.500ways.com.
If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff

I repair antique to new pinball machines, jukeboxes, and other coin
operated equipment in homes. And it's not just wealthy people who have
them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Jeff wrote:

I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at www.500BJs.com.
If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff

I have a money-making idea. Why not spam usenet with your b.s.?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Interesting web site. I noticed a couple misspelled words.
Maybe some of my talent can work with some of your talent?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jeff" wrote in message
8...
I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at
www.500ways.com.
If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, -
Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair

You hear about the guy who pulled into "Topless gas" cause
his car was low. A minute later, an old grumpy sailor walked
out, with anchor tattooed on one arm, MOTHER on other arm.
Chomps on his cigar, walks over, and says "Whadaya want?"

Sailor isn't wearing a shirt. Like Cheech and Chong quote
"false advertising".

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:57:06 +0000 (UTC), Jeff

wrote:

If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, -
Jeff

Sure! Have some French Maids dressed in scantly clad
uniforms.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:36:40 -0500, Tony Miklos wrote:

On 3/11/2011 11:57 AM, Jeff wrote:
I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at www.500ways.com.
If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff

I repair antique to new pinball machines, jukeboxes, and other coin
operated equipment in homes. And it's not just wealthy people who have
them.

Great for predators to attract children!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:57:06 +0000 (UTC), Jeff wrote:

I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at www.500ways.com.
If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff

Pull out the third one under Advice, Coaching, Counseling. That can be
dangerous for both the chooser and the counselee if not called there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd be more worried about hand held video things,
than pinball machines. Children now days don't
give a hoot about coin op juke boxes. Not an issue,
here.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael Dobony" wrote in
message ...

I repair antique to new pinball machines, jukeboxes, and
other coin
operated equipment in homes. And it's not just wealthy
people who have
them.

Great for predators to attract children!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/11/2011 2:36 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 3/11/2011 11:57 AM, Jeff wrote:
I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at
www.500ways.com.
If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff

I repair antique to new pinball machines, jukeboxes, and other coin
operated equipment in homes. And it's not just wealthy people who have
them.

do you have any old mechanical pinball machines for sale?

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/11/2011 7:55 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 3/11/2011 2:36 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 3/11/2011 11:57 AM, Jeff wrote:
I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at
www.500ways.com.
If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff

I repair antique to new pinball machines, jukeboxes, and other coin
operated equipment in homes. And it's not just wealthy people who have
them.

do you have any old mechanical pinball machines for sale?

No. Most of the time I'm not a great salesman so I try to stay away
from sales. Oh, I do suppose you mean "electro-mechanical" they were
made from the 1930's to the late 1970's. Big difference over the years.
I have worked on some that are strictly mechanical also, quite rare.
If I run into a really good deal I may buy it and sell it "as is". No
one wants to pay me for all the time I put into a machine with a warranty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/11/2011 7:44 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
[...]

yes, i meant electro-mechanical. I had one when i was about 10 to 14 i
had bought off a friend for $2. I had more fun with that thing. I'll
bet it had about a thousand screw in oblong bulbs.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/11/2011 7:02 PM, Michael Dobony wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:36:40 -0500, Tony Miklos wrote:

On 3/11/2011 11:57 AM, Jeff wrote:
I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at www.500ways.com.
If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff

I repair antique to new pinball machines, jukeboxes, and other coin
operated equipment in homes. And it's not just wealthy people who have
them.

Great for predators to attract children!

Yes that does worry me, fortunately most of them are in a family setting
and not just a single guy.

I just got a call from a customer in Princeton, NJ. Asking if I can fix
his antique juke box next time I'm up in PA visiting family. I only
charge the travel time from where I am in PA to the job, he'll pay about
$250 for me to get to his front door and back, plus the repair. Funny
thing is he wasn't my customer when I lived in PA, he found me after I
moved down here in TN.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Now, that sounds like a good memory. There is a machine
place about half hour drive from me. A couple decades ago, I
saw they had a warehouse full of retro machines. I wonder if
they are still in business, and if they still have old
machines. Maybe?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve Barker" wrote in message

yes, i meant electro-mechanical. I had one when i was about
10 to 14 i
had bought off a friend for $2. I had more fun with that
thing. I'll
bet it had about a thousand screw in oblong bulbs.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, you wouldn't be profiling, now, would you? You want to
be careful with that. Next thing you know, we'll be asking
Hispanics at the border (carrying suitcases, clothes, and
jugs of water) their immigration status. And we'll be asking
Muslim males between the age of 17 and 45 if they are
carrying knives or bombs onto air planes.

Glad you are able to combine trips, and save you and the
customer some time and money.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message

Great for predators to attract children!

Yes that does worry me, fortunately most of them are in a
family setting
and not just a single guy.

I just got a call from a customer in Princeton, NJ. Asking
if I can fix
his antique juke box next time I'm up in PA visiting family.
I only
charge the travel time from where I am in PA to the job,
he'll pay about
$250 for me to get to his front door and back, plus the
repair. Funny
thing is he wasn't my customer when I lived in PA, he found
me after I
moved down here in TN.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The EXIT signs at my church are ancient, like the rest of
the building. Turns out the #259 bulbs (about 6 volts, and
look like the little push in bulbs from a car side marker
light) are sold to pinball and game machine people. I
ordered a bunch off Ebay.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve Barker"
wrote in message

yes, i meant electro-mechanical. I had one when i was about
10 to 14 i
had bought off a friend for $2. I had more fun with that
thing. I'll
bet it had about a thousand screw in oblong bulbs.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 11, 8:44*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
[...]

Where is a good place to get pinball rubbers these days I have two
Mata Hari pinballs the electromechanical and the electronic version I
want to clean up. I could also use some of the trifurcated pins to
rebuild the power connectors.

Jimmie

You can ask at rec.games.pinball
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:ilft87
:

Hey, you wouldn't be profiling, now, would you? You want to
be careful with that. Next thing you know, we'll be asking
Hispanics at the border (carrying suitcases, clothes, and
jugs of water) their immigration status. And we'll be asking
Muslim males between the age of 17 and 45 if they are
carrying knives or bombs onto air planes.

Glad you are able to combine trips, and save you and the
customer some time and money.

"Foul! Foul! How dare you profile me because I have explosives strapped all
over my torso. I mean what makes you think I have bad intentions with
them?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote:
On 3/11/2011 2:36 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 3/11/2011 11:57 AM, Jeff wrote:
I've listed a couple of unusual home repair businesses at
www.500ways.com.
If you have ideas for others, please let me know. Thanks, - Jeff

I repair antique to new pinball machines, jukeboxes, and other coin
operated equipment in homes. And it's not just wealthy people who
have them.

do you have any old mechanical pinball machines for sale?

Here's a place in Southampton, PA that sells them. They also host birthday
parties etc. at their facility.

http://www.tntamusements.com/

Unusual repair No Name Home Repair 7 June 3rd 08 02:53 AM
Work at Home Businesses - Money Making Opportunties... vasu Home Repair 0 March 22nd 08 12:05 AM
Work at Home Businesses - Money Making Opportunties... vasu Home Repair 0 March 13th 08 05:49 AM
Work at Home Businesses - Money Making Opportunties... vasu Home Repair 0 March 8th 08 05:07 PM
Unusual home ventilation idea Mark Home Repair 2 June 9th 05 09:07 PM