Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Safety Deposit Box (at a bank)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 17:32:40 -0800 (PST), " wrote:

The boxes take two keys to open it. If the bank doesn't have your key
they have to hire a locksmith to come in and drill out the old lock
and re-key the box. That's the reason for the hefty key deposit that
you get back if you close our your box and bring your keys back.

-C-

when you die the bank locks the safety deposit box untill a tax
collector can be present at opening. the tax man gets a shot at you
even when dead.....

He may or may-not have said that in jest. Technically it is true.
In fact it rarely happens that way.

You have to trust the bank, and observe their rules.

My niece has a key. When they find me cold, she will open the
box, find instructions on what to do with all my stuff. It is
often that simple, unless the IRS has a tail on you or some-such.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Puddin' Man" wrote

He may or may-not have said that in jest. Technically it is true.
In fact it rarely happens that way.

You have to trust the bank, and observe their rules.

My niece has a key. When they find me cold, she will open the
box, find instructions on what to do with all my stuff. It is
often that simple, unless the IRS has a tail on you or some-such.

Or unless one of the heirs beats feet to a lawyer and puts a freeze on
everything.

Which has been known to happen.

Steve