Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Squeeky baseboard fix

My HW baseboards were making a woody squeaking and snapping when the
heat came on and a less frequent noise when cooling off. I squirted some
WD40 around the pipes where they come up through the floor liberly so
it ran down the two layers of floor. Now I never hear them. I never
heard of this before, one of the random stupid things I do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 10:41*am, LSMFT wrote:
My HW baseboards were making a woody squeaking and snapping when the
heat came on and a less frequent noise when cooling off. I squirted some
WD40 around the pipes where they come up *through the floor liberly so
it ran down the two layers of floor. Now I never hear them. I never
heard of this before, one of the random stupid things I do.

It sounds like your pipes are rubbing against the floor when the pipe
expands , and the WD-40 made less friction between the 2.
Hey if it works, good for you. I would have don the same thing
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 10:41*am, LSMFT wrote:

My HW baseboards were making a woody squeaking and snapping when the
heat came on and a less frequent noise when cooling off. I squirted some
WD40 around the pipes where they come up *through the floor liberly so
it ran down the two layers of floor. Now I never hear them. I never
heard of this before, one of the random stupid things I do.

Be careful with the oil if you have wood finished flooring. It could
stain and bleed under the finish. Another alternative would be to
slip a piece of plastic from a milk jug between the pipe and the wood
where it's rubbing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote in :

My HW baseboards were making a woody squeaking and snapping when the
heat came on and a less frequent noise when cooling off. I squirted some
WD40 around the pipes where they come up through the floor liberly so
it ran down the two layers of floor. Now I never hear them. I never
heard of this before, one of the random stupid things I do.

I squirted some
WD40 around the pipes

You da man! WD40 is a wood lubricant now!
Posted to alt.home.repair

I must correct you, only Nazis say that. It's a
water displacer. And toilet paper rolls off
the top.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message

I squirted some
WD40 around the pipes

You da man! WD40 is a wood lubricant now!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tuesday Feb 15, 2011.
Please let us know when they squeak, again. Be interesting
to see.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"LSMFT" wrote in message
My HW baseboards were making a woody squeaking and snapping
when the
heat came on and a less frequent noise when cooling off. I
squirted some
WD40 around the pipes where they come up through the floor
liberly so
it ran down the two layers of floor. Now I never hear them.
I never
heard of this before, one of the random stupid things I do.

Hydronic elecric baseboard heater vs standard electric baseboard heater John Sevinsky Home Repair 7 March 5th 14 12:13 AM
Baseboard mounting H Home Repair 22 August 29th 07 03:03 AM
Squeeky floor boards nigel UK diy 3 April 24th 07 09:50 PM
Squeeky floor boards nigel UK diy 1 April 24th 07 08:52 PM
Baseboard help [email protected] Home Repair 5 August 30th 06 03:41 PM