Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to buy drapery transverse rod plastic eyes?

I have a transverse rod with some broken plastic eyes.

Where can you buy those?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:17:33 -0800 (PST), Nancy Adams
wrote:

I have a transverse rod with some broken plastic eyes.

Where can you buy those?

Where they sell traverse rods.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2011 2:17 PM, Nancy Adams wrote:
I have a transverse rod with some broken plastic eyes.

Where can you buy those?

If it is one of the common brands, pretty much anywhere that sells
curtain rods. Take an unbroken one with you, and look for the baggies or
blister packs on the wall. If no joy there, try the local drapery
cleaning company- they probably buy them in bulk to replace ones they
break when they pick up drapes for cleaning. If it is the 'g' shaped
things I think you are talking about, I think the design is pretty
universal.

Last time it happened to me, I was living in an apartment- a week later
happened to be the end-of-month move-out weekend, and I was able to
scavenge all I needed from rods thrown in dumpsters. I probably still
have a can full of them around here somewhere. If I ever bother to
replace the drapes around here, I'm sure I'll be hunting for them.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nancy Adams" wrote in message
I have a transverse rod with some broken plastic eyes.

Where can you buy those?

It all depends. If you have the off the rack junk that is sold at Home
Depot, you can get them there. If you have something like ArchaTrack U or I
beam types, which are a quality brand made to hold up those very very heavy
blackout drapes, then you might have to go to a drapery supply house. We
found ONE in Las Vegas (1.5+ million people) that sold what we needed, a
store that had been in business there about 75 years, and one that we had
done business with decades ago when in the custom design business. Some of
that stuff is so hard to find, it's easier to put up new, if you can find
any quality new these days. Yes, you can get it, and you get what you pay
for, so if you want it to hold up heavy drapes, it will cost.

HTH, but I can't refer you to any online places. Just start with Google, or
find a sewing or interior decorating newsgroup and try there.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
Download the book.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2011 4:27 PM, aemeijers wrote:
[...]

The plastic sliders often fit other brands of rods....just have to be
able to turn it to get it in or out of the track. Good advice to take
one along to the store - some fabric stores, like Joann, stock a lot of
drapery hardware and parts. You might also do a google search if it is
a brand name and find a shop that sells the rods.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nancy Adams" wrote in message
I have a transverse rod with some broken plastic eyes.

Where can you buy those?

K-mart, Wal-mart, Lowes, Home Depot. Thought they are a little pricey in
all those locations, something like $2-3 for 12 of the cheap ones. The
cheap ones are about 3 cents each and the really good ones go for a nickel
at the wholesale house.

Tip: If one broke the others are close, replace them all at one time and
save yourself from future problems for 5-10 years. If you aren't sure how
to do it see the site in my sig in the window treatments category.

--
Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

Man, that reply was a real poke in the (plastic) eye.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

I have a transverse rod with some broken plastic eyes.

Where can you buy those?

Where they sell traverse rods.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:40:35 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Man, that reply was a real poke in the (plastic) eye.

What, you don't like the plain, unvarnished, truth?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Not why I rod (read) these groups. I'm straight,
I don't get into this transverse kinky stuff. Well,
must be time to hang it up, and click send.
It's curtains, now.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus