Posted to alt.home.repair

Default restroom plastic splashback peeling off

Hi, our office restroom white plastic splashback is peeling off the
wall. It was glued on but it has been 5 years, so the glue is coming
off I think. How do I glue it back on? What glue should I use, or
should I just use some small screws to screw the splashback onto the
wall?

Here are 2 pictures of the restroom and the splashback:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5423000...7625837522515/

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

I would think panel/construction adhesive in a caulking gun would do
the trick. The kind with the solvent, not the water based kind. Pull
out the panel as far as you conveniently can. Work in some beads of
caulk. Press together, then let come apart until the adhesive is
"tacky" -- see the tube. It is like super duper rubber cement. Then,
press together. That should do nicely. If any oozes out, it can be
cleaned up with something like lacquer thinner. Check that the plastic
panel (especially that edge trim I see) isn't harmed by the thinner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 2:36*pm, deadgoose wrote:
I would think panel/construction adhesive in a caulking gun would do
the trick. The kind with the solvent, not the water based kind. Pull
out the panel as far as you conveniently can. Work in some beads of
caulk. Press together, then let come apart until the adhesive is
"tacky" -- see the tube. It is like super duper rubber cement. Then,
press together. That should do nicely. If any oozes out, it can be
cleaned up with something like lacquer thinner. Check that the plastic
panel (especially that edge trim I see) isn't harmed by the thinner.

What he said is what I would be doing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 2:09*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Feb 2, 2:36*pm, deadgoose wrote:

I would think panel/construction adhesive in a caulking gun would do
the trick. The kind with the solvent, not the water based kind. Pull
out the panel as far as you conveniently can. Work in some beads of
caulk. Press together, then let come apart until the adhesive is
"tacky" -- see the tube. It is like super duper rubber cement. Then,
press together. That should do nicely. If any oozes out, it can be
cleaned up with something like lacquer thinner. Check that the plastic
panel (especially that edge trim I see) isn't harmed by the thinner.

What he said is what I would be doing.

What is the name of the product I should get at Home Depot?
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:14:55 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Hi, our office restroom white plastic splashback is peeling off the
wall. It was glued on but it has been 5 years, so the glue is coming
off I think. How do I glue it back on? What glue should I use, or
should I just use some small screws to screw the splashback onto the
wall?

Whatever you used the last time sounds pretty good!

Hob Splashback Richard Conway UK diy 7 October 11th 07 01:39 PM
GÜRTAN PLASTIC - PLASTIC CRATES,PALLETS and ALL TYPE OF PLASTIC PRODUCTS [email protected] Home Repair 0 August 1st 07 07:50 AM
GÜRTAN PLASTIC - PLASTIC CRATES,PALLETS and ALL TYPE OF PLASTIC PRODUCTS [email protected] Home Ownership 0 July 11th 07 11:47 AM
Splashback or not ? Séan Connolly UK diy 10 February 15th 06 07:11 PM