Posted to alt.home.repair
BM BM is offline

Default Ceiling fan stopped working

My cealing fan/lights stopped working. everything else on the circuit
works. what should i be checking?

thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 Jan 2011 01:03:41 GMT, BM BM2home.com wrote:

My cealing fan/lights stopped working. everything else on the circuit
works. what should i be checking?

thanks

Start with the most simple. Check the switches on the fan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
On 24 Jan 2011 01:03:41 GMT, BM BM2home.com wrote:

My cealing fan/lights stopped working. everything else on the circuit
works. what should i be checking?

thanks

Start with the most simple. Check the switches on the fan.

And along those lines, check the wiring for loose connections.
Perhaps a loose neutral since neither the fan or light works.
Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"BM" BM2home.com wrote in message
My cealing fan/lights stopped working. everything else on the circuit
works. what should i be checking?

thanks

Do you have a meter or test light? You want to see if you have power going
to the fan. Defective switch or loose wire can be the cause.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 23, 9:03*pm, BM BM2home.com wrote:
My cealing fan/lights stopped working. *everything else on the circuit
works. *what should i be checking?

thanks

is it wired with 14-2 or 14-3 with continuous power to the fan?
meaning only the light is operated by the switch?

Sprinkler stopped working david Home Repair 21 February 8th 10 06:58 AM
Ceramic hob stopped working Sam UK diy 6 February 3rd 09 09:03 AM
Computer Stopped Working - Help [email protected] Electronics Repair 7 July 25th 06 11:43 AM
Radiator stopped working... Al D UK diy 2 May 23rd 06 11:05 PM
TV stopped working plz help. Simon Electronics 2 September 29th 04 02:19 PM