Posted to alt.home.repair

Default First pie... epilogue

Gott in Himmel!! This pie is brilliant! Mrs Smith, kiss my ass!

Jes tried few bites. To-freakin-die-for. Yes, the crust taste a bit
plain from lack of salt, but it's not soggy or flabby. Jes right to
balance the juicyness of the berries. The berries are VERY sweet, as
to be expected from 1 C sugar, but the raw berries weren't the
sweetest in the first place and I love a SWEET pie.

I think the crust needs some more fat. Maybe butter. More water,
definitely. Tastes good, but dry as dirt. Only the juicy
berries and loads of sugar save it. Despite that, still great.

Overall, I LIKE it! and would not be ashamed to serve it to anybody.
I'm actually rather proud of it and can say it's better than any store
bought blackberry pie I've tasted in a long time. Woo-hoo!!

Can't wait to try this again. Maybe with tapioca. Isn't it rhubarb
season? w00t!

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-01-05, notbob wrote:
Gott in Himmel!! This pie is brilliant! Mrs Smith, kiss my ass!

Damn! These senior moments are becoming annoying.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-01-05, notbob wrote:
Gott in Himmel!! This pie is brilliant! Mrs Smith, kiss my ass!

Damn! These senior moments are becoming annoying.

nb

Remember, you are Bob. Or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 5, 2:32*pm, notbob wrote:
[...]

If you wont share it dont post it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob wrote:

Gott in Himmel!! This pie is brilliant! Mrs Smith, kiss my ass!

I've wondered, over on r..f.c if you were the same notbob or there
were 2 folks who weren't bob.

How small *is* this friggin' Usenet thing, anyway? g

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"notbob" wrote in message
[...]

Bob, I think those crazies over there at the cooking ng are getting to you

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .....................................

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

notbob wrote:

Gott in Himmel!! This pie is brilliant! Mrs Smith, kiss my ass!

I've wondered, over on r..f.c if you were the same notbob or there
were 2 folks who weren't bob.

How small *is* this friggin' Usenet thing, anyway? g

Jim

Pretty friggin' small it seems. I see a lot of the same folks on several
different groups I follow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2011 3:32 PM, notbob wrote:
[...]

Yer showin' signs of fermented berry poisoning....give us the recipe
so's we can noodle up an antidote. Yes to the tapioca! I made some
berry .... rasp-, black-, blue-....cobbler at Thanksgiving to go with
the home-made ice cream. Yummmm.....can't wait for strawberry season to
get some good jam made. Florida berries are crap.