Posted to alt.home.repair

Default where to purchase locally aluminum foil vapor barrier?

home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who does

is the web my only answer?

this material
http://superiorsaunas.com/store/inde...ducts _id=355

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 00:02:24 +0200, "adam" wrote:

home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who does

is the web my only answer?

this material
http://superiorsaunas.com/store/inde...ducts _id=355

Lowes has it in their system as I bought some there [off the shelf] a
couple years ago.

Ask at the contractor desk. Try a real lumberyard or Ace/True
Value hardware.

[Though I have to say I think I paid $50 for the roll I got and 250sq
feet seems likely. If those guys don't kill you with shipping,
their price isn't bad]

Don't forget the tape.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"adam" wrote in
:

home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who does

is the web my only answer?

this material
http://superiorsaunas.com/store/inde...ct_info&cPath=
95&products_id=355

You might wana ask in one of those alien newsgroups. They're into hat
making.
Posted to alt.home.repair

adam wrote:
home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who does

is the web my only answer?

this material
http://superiorsaunas.com/store/inde...ducts _id=355

Thanks for the link. It seems as if a 250' (x3' = 750 sq ft) roll is about
$48 (6.5 cent/sq ft).

I'm sure it would work well as a radiant barrier for the attic and sure
beats the cheapest radiant barrier price I've found of $70 for 500 sq ft (14
cents/sq ft).

http://atticfoil.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2010 6:55 PM, Red Green wrote:
wrote in
:

home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who does

is the web my only answer?

this material
http://superiorsaunas.com/store/inde...ct_info&cPath=
95&products_id=355

You might wana ask in one of those alien newsgroups. They're into hat
making.

Dang good foil hat material! I can't wait to tell the rest of my
abductee support group! :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 6, 10:20*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 12/6/2010 6:55 PM, Red Green wrote:

*wrote in
:

home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who does

is the web my only answer?

this material
http://superiorsaunas.com/store/inde...ct_info&cPath=
95&products_id=355

You might wana ask in one of those alien newsgroups. They're into hat
making.

Dang good foil hat material! I can't wait to tell the rest of my
abductee support group! :-)

TDD

Couldn't you just use heavyweight - broiler aluminum foil????
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/7/2010 11:06 PM, hr(bob) wrote:
On Dec 6, 10:20 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 12/6/2010 6:55 PM, Red Green wrote:

wrote in
:

home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who does

is the web my only answer?

this material
http://superiorsaunas.com/store/inde...ct_info&cPath=
95&products_id=355

You might wana ask in one of those alien newsgroups. They're into hat
making.

Dang good foil hat material! I can't wait to tell the rest of my
abductee support group! :-)

TDD

Couldn't you just use heavyweight - broiler aluminum foil????

It doesn't have a paper backing for glue to stick to. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair
cjt cjt is offline

wrote:
On 12/6/2010 6:55 PM, Red Green wrote:

wrote in
:

home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who does

is the web my only answer?

this material
http://superiorsaunas.com/store/inde...ct_info&cPath=

95&products_id=355

You might wana ask in one of those alien newsgroups. They're into hat
making.

Dang good foil hat material! I can't wait to tell the rest of my
abductee support group! :-)

TDD

Couldn't you just use heavyweight - broiler aluminum foil????

It doesn't have a paper backing for glue to stick to. :-)

TDD

Why would that matter?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On 12/6/2010 6:55 PM, Red Green wrote:

wrote in
:

home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who
does

is the web my only answer?

this material
http://superiorsaunas.com/store/inde...ct_info&cPath=

95&products_id=355

You might wana ask in one of those alien newsgroups. They're into hat
making.

Dang good foil hat material! I can't wait to tell the rest of my
abductee support group! :-)

TDD

Couldn't you just use heavyweight - broiler aluminum foil????

It doesn't have a paper backing for glue to stick to. :-)

TDD

Why would that matter?

It makes it easy to use paper glue to construct the beanie hat. Non-
toxic paper glue is what you want to use for your foil hat, we are
bombarded with enough things that are toxic. :-)

TDD

Vapor barrier? [email protected] Home Repair 11 May 21st 06 04:56 PM
vapor barrier question with kraft faced batts and radiant barrier foil [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 4th 05 04:39 PM
Foil Faced vs Paper Vapor Barrier Vince Home Repair 1 November 3rd 05 12:45 AM
Vapor Barrier Sasha Home Repair 1 July 20th 05 06:43 PM
vapor barrier effi Home Repair 4 September 24th 04 08:32 PM