Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leveling floor for hardwood

I've already asked about how to level concrete, but now I'm
contemplating going after my main living level. I'm going to replace
the carpet with laminate, and thus, any imperfections will likely be
much more visible (and I don't want any imperfections period!). I
also know there are a few areas I'm going to have to work on, as they
have 1/4" dips over 2' areas.

I'm wondering if anyone has any sage advise that could save me some
time. If there's any really good tools that I might need, if there's
a preferred way to measure levelness, or if there's any practices I
should avoid.

Thanks,

John