Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I'm A Man, I can Fix That!

http://emmanuelfonte.posterous.com/i...i-can-fix-that
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/17/2010 6:34 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
http://emmanuelfonte.posterous.com/i...i-can-fix-that

The best idea I saw was this one, it's actually a good idea:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/368h8xj

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 17, 7:07*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 11/17/2010 6:34 AM, Bob Villa wrote:

http://emmanuelfonte.posterous.com/i...i-can-fix-that

The best idea I saw was this one, it's actually a good idea:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/368h8xj

TDD

No Sh*t Dufus Tracy!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/17/2010 7:10 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
On Nov 17, 7:07 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 11/17/2010 6:34 AM, Bob Villa wrote:

http://emmanuelfonte.posterous.com/i...i-can-fix-that

The best idea I saw was this one, it's actually a good idea:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/368h8xj

TDD

No Sh*t Dufus Tracy!

Man is an adaptable creature. If that's so, why do I have so many
problems with women? 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 04:34:34 -0800 (PST), Bob Villa
wrote:

http://emmanuelfonte.posterous.com/i...i-can-fix-that

Very funny. There were quite a few that I liked but the "cables
falling off the desk" is something that I can use.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The preview went to Tiny URL page, and then clicked that. Went to an
error page.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

The best idea I saw was this one, it's actually a good idea:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/368h8xj

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 17, 5:34*am, Bob Villa wrote:
http://emmanuelfonte.posterous.com/i...i-can-fix-that

Here's one they seem to have left out..."Out of diapers!"

http://usera.ImageCave.com/BobVilla/NoDiapers.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/17/2010 7:56 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
The preview went to Tiny URL page, and then clicked that. Went to an
error page.

Try this link:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/33ze5lt

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:29:34 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Try this link:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/33ze5lt

Nope, still get "XML file with no style info", followed by what's
below. Tried in two browsers.

Error
Code
AccessDenied
/Code
Message
Request has expired
/Message
RequestId
4E5213EDB54479D1
/RequestId
Expires
2010-11-17T16:33:01Z
/Expires
HostId
G00dmO8WwUEV5AvH1c31a9B4A/Q/3DCMm2BhnK9WcEiVc+CohhISgPaxg6+U+JQ+
/HostId
ServerTime
2010-11-21T22:05:01Z
/ServerTime
/Error
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Try this link:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/33ze5lt

Nope, still get "XML file with no style info", followed by what's
below. Tried in two browsers.

Error
Code
AccessDenied
/Code
snip

/Error

Well darn! It worked right after I posted the link, now it doesn't.
I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of blocking going on. Often
there are disagreements between those who provide some sort of link
and the owners of sites which results in everything from the linker
being blocked. I wonder what's going on?

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2010 6:00 PM, Bob Villa wrote:

wrote:

Try this link:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/33ze5lt

Nope, still get "XML file with no style info", followed by what's
below. Tried in two browsers.

Error
Code
AccessDenied
/Code
snip
/Error

Well darn! It worked right after I posted the link, now it doesn't.
I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of blocking going on. Often
there are disagreements between those who provide some sort of link
and the owners of sites which results in everything from the linker
being blocked. I wonder what's going on?

TDD

Works with FF3.6.12

That's the version of Firefox I have and I just tried again, getting an
error message. I may have to turn off add blocking?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I get the error in both Opera 10.0 and FF 3.6.12. I have no ad
blocking. Why is it pointing to s3.amazonaws.com? Did you extract just
part of the page and store it there, or something? Is it stored in a
format intended to be retrieved by a web browser? Just throwing out
ideas ...

Edward
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2010 10:22 PM, Edward Reid wrote:
I get the error in both Opera 10.0 and FF 3.6.12. I have no ad
blocking. Why is it pointing to s3.amazonaws.com? Did you extract just
part of the page and store it there, or something? Is it stored in a
format intended to be retrieved by a web browser? Just throwing out
ideas ...

Edward

I don't know, I'm as confused about it as anyone else. Perhaps I can
find another way to link to it.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2010 10:22 PM, Edward Reid wrote:
I get the error in both Opera 10.0 and FF 3.6.12. I have no ad
blocking. Why is it pointing to s3.amazonaws.com? Did you extract just
part of the page and store it there, or something? Is it stored in a
format intended to be retrieved by a web browser? Just throwing out
ideas ...

Edward

I don't know, I'm as confused about it as anyone else. Perhaps I can
find another way to link to it.

TDD

just copy and paste the URL without using the tinyurl.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/2010 5:44 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 11/21/2010 10:22 PM, Edward Reid wrote:
I get the error in both Opera 10.0 and FF 3.6.12. I have no ad
blocking. Why is it pointing to s3.amazonaws.com? Did you extract just
part of the page and store it there, or something? Is it stored in a
format intended to be retrieved by a web browser? Just throwing out
ideas ...

Edward

I don't know, I'm as confused about it as anyone else. Perhaps I can
find another way to link to it.

TDD

just copy and paste the URL without using the tinyurl.

Try this, it may break but you can copy and paste it.

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.p...L/image021.jpg

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/2010 5:44 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 11/21/2010 10:22 PM, Edward Reid wrote:
I get the error in both Opera 10.0 and FF 3.6.12. I have no ad
blocking. Why is it pointing to s3.amazonaws.com? Did you extract just
part of the page and store it there, or something? Is it stored in a
format intended to be retrieved by a web browser? Just throwing out
ideas ...

Edward

I don't know, I'm as confused about it as anyone else. Perhaps I can
find another way to link to it.

TDD

just copy and paste the URL without using the tinyurl.

Try this, it may break but you can copy and paste it.

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.p...L/image021.jpg

TDD

That only gives the last picture. BTW,the original link worked for me
but doesn't now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 05:59:58 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Try this, it may break but you can copy and paste it.

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.p...L/image021.jpg

That works.

I think what's happening is that the JavaScript link is somehow
redirecting to a copy of the image on S3, and that URL is a temporary
one. I found two ways around it -- don't know which you used --

1) Turn off JavaScript in the browser and reload. Then each image is a
usable link.

2) View the page source and dig out the image link -- the good link is
in the page source but gets redirected to the S3 link somehow by the
JS when you click on it.

Isn't it wonderful how technology makes our lives easier?

And yeah, I like that one. Trouble is, as you pointed out, it doesn't
belong there, because it's actually useful. I've already added those
to my shopping list.

The "car from the wrong country", I wonder if it's really a driver ed
car with one of the steering wheels removed.

And you can guess which one reminds me of Dick Cheney.

Edward
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Funny. I get a low man's voice that calmly says, "I'm sorry Dave. I can
not do that".

Steve '-)