Posted to alt.home.repair

Default aggravating web stores

2nd run in with a place[two different places] that wants special
treatment from the credit card company, like some conglomerate cares
what they want. have a billing address that is a po box, and obviously
ship to a different address. Do this dozens of times a month. Only the
craziest lowest on the food chain merchants[who must get ripped off a
lot or something] want to get the address 'approved' by the credit
card company. CC company[BOA} has no idea what they are talking about.
No clue. So they cannot 'approve' the address. So the order sits
pending. clueless customer service does not know what to do.

Twice I have just gone to another place that has a normal order
procedure, first time it was actually cheaper.

Use DKhardware instead of glassw@repro. A few pennies more but less
aggravation

seriously, 100k in use on 2 different cards, never have the issue but
2 times, both ended up being morons, go figure
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 13:58:52 -0800 (PST), gus2008
wrote:

[...]

Any time you're dealing with big finance the ball is never in your
court. Find yourself a local credit union and obtain a charge card
through them. Even though they might not process the cards themselves
you most likely will NOT have any issues/problems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gus2008" wrote in message
2nd run in with a place[two different places] that wants special
treatment from the credit card company, like some conglomerate cares
what they want. have a billing address that is a po box, and obviously
ship to a different address. Do this dozens of times a month. Only the
craziest lowest on the food chain merchants[who must get ripped off a
lot or something] want to get the address 'approved' by the credit
card company.

They don't "want" to have the address approved, they HAVE to. My merchant
agreement REQUIRES me to ship to the billing address, period. If someone
supplies a shipping address which does not match the billing address, the
charge will be declined, and yes, I have to enter the house number and the
zip code when I process the charge. This requirement is the same for all of
my merchant friends, even though they use different processors. I use BoA.
And I have never, ever had a chargeback, so I've never been "ripped off".
Probably because I follow the rules regarding address verification.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/09/10 11:22 am, h wrote:

[...]

I paid by CC (tried to, anyway) for a magazine gift subscription to our
church library (obviously not at the billing address). Quite a while
later, the librarian received a letter saying that the card had been
declined, but I received no such letter. A second attempt appears to
have been successful.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

h wrote:

They don't "want" to have the address approved, they HAVE to. My merchant
agreement REQUIRES me to ship to the billing address, period. If someone
supplies a shipping address which does not match the billing address, the
charge will be declined, and yes, I have to enter the house number and the
zip code when I process the charge. This requirement is the same for all of
my merchant friends, even though they use different processors. I use BoA.
And I have never, ever had a chargeback, so I've never been "ripped off".
Probably because I follow the rules regarding address verification.

Well, there has to be some way for those of us who don't get mail
delivered to home (physical) address...

I've never had an issue of not getting delivery even though the billing
address is a PO Box (AmEx)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 9, 7:50*pm, RobertPatrick wrote:
dpb wrote :

h wrote:

They don't "want" to have the address approved, they HAVE to. My
merchant agreement REQUIRES me to ship to the billing address,
period. If someone supplies a shipping address which does not match
the billing address, the charge will be declined, and yes, I have to
enter the house number and the zip code when I process the charge.
This requirement is the same for all of my merchant friends, even
though they use different processors. I use BoA. And I have never,
ever had a chargeback, so I've never been "ripped off". Probably
because I follow the rules regarding address verification.

Actually, no they don't have to. BOA has no such policy[per them ],
and by the way there is no such thing as a five minute conversation
with them. maybe five minutes to drill through the voicemail. Major
nuisance.

not a newbie here, ordered many many things from many many suppliers
with no problem. the only thing you need to have is the correct zip
for the billing address.

this is just poor customer service nothing else

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gus2008" wrote in message
On Nov 9, 7:50 pm, RobertPatrick wrote:

Actually, no they don't have to. BOA has no such policy[per them ],
. the only thing you need to have is the correct zip
for the billing address. this is just poor customer service nothing else

Yes they/we do have to check the complete address. My merchant agreement
with BoA specifies that I have must enter both the house number and zip
code. My terminal was pre-programmed to ask for both. You're just wrong.

If you are looking to build a full wardrobe and you have a limitedbudget, consider shopping in used clothing stores. Used clothing stores offera variety of clothing at affordable prices. You can shop for used clothing inphysical stores or online. [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 26th 08 12:19 AM
Ace Hardware Stores Cheri Home Repair 26 April 12th 08 07:34 PM
first time I've seen the stores doing George UK diy 0 September 17th 07 02:41 AM
looking for stores steve Woodworking 1 December 12th 04 07:32 PM
singing... where are all the DIY stores gone... Toby UK diy 10 July 16th 03 01:06 PM