Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - How many treaters?

On Nov 5, 6:13*am, wrote:
More than usual --

We had fifty bags of cheesies and felt well
prepared(def: *lots left over for me) *-- previous two years, we had
ten to fifteen little kids and maybe half a dozen teenagers.

Ran out at 8:05. * *Could have used a dozen more. *
Dawned on me that the neighbourhood is changing. * We're on a small
circle -- in the last year, *four families with young kids have moved
in. * I expect that is happening throughout our area -- as we have
SCHOOLS our kids can walk to, *

A couple of other surprises -- the costumes this year were more
inventive than I remember, and the kids were all polite and a lot of
fun. * * * The little kids were very polite -- and the teenagers were
good humoured, chatty and polite. *All in all, a very pleasant few
hours.

My wife says I was quite well behaved -- for me, at least. * *
Only one transgression. * I was getting tired of moms and dads
peering suspiciously at me from around the corner of the house --
and when one was particularly so and particularly scowly *-- I offered
her kids a puppy just to watch the parents' faces. * *

Apparently,, * I'm not all that funny.

Ken in Calgary.

Heh Heh! Good one. Or a kitten.