Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tips On Selecting A Quality Emergency Plumber

It is easy to forget about all of the secluded pipes behind our walls,
inside our ceiling and under or homes. They are out of sight and out of
mind until they break! When water comes dripping down on the dinning room
table or your bubble bath water wants to follow you to your bedroom you
need an emergency plumber!

Use the internet to find someone experienced in sewer repair and various
plumbing problems. Not every service covers every issue, like problematic
kitec on the piping. You need to research in order to find someone
experienced, reliable, and available to fix the specific problem you have.

Make sure that the professional that you select has a range of skills and
experience. Have they ever dealt with a pipe burst? Do they have a good
knowledge of dealing with toilet clogs and severe leaks? They should know
about regular plumbing maintenance in addition to emergency situations.

Reputation is extremely important when selecting someone to work with your
kitchen, bathroom and sewer repair. Check online for positive reviews and
a track record of past success. Investigate the truth, however. Sometimes
plumbers have poor reputations, and you should check the bad reviews to
find out exactly why.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Stucco site is not a help forum, it's an
*advertising* forum that invades real forums
(like "alt.home.repair", part of "usenet")
parasitically in order to generate free
advertising for itself, which continually
advances its search engine placement, thereby
increasing its own revenue through its click-
through advertising commissions.

So the first thing you should do is write them
an email and tell them to quit spamming.

Then try to find your way here through proper
channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet"
and post the regular way.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"reflection666" wrote in
message news:a0fd$4cb88ff7$45499b77

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2010 3:14 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
The Stucco site is not a help forum, it's an
*advertising* forum that invades real forums
(like "alt.home.repair", part of "usenet")
parasitically in order to generate free
advertising for itself, which continually
advances its search engine placement, thereby
increasing its own revenue through its click-
through advertising commissions.

So the first thing you should do is write them
an email and tell them to quit spamming.

Then try to find your way here through proper
channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet"
and post the regular way.

I don't see his ad. I vacillated between responding: "the first thing
you should know is how to turn of your water" and "duh"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Either is good. I like your under stated humor.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Frank"
wrote in message ...

I don't see his ad. I vacillated between responding: "the first thing
you should know is how to turn of your water" and "duh"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 15, 1:31*pm,
(reflection666) wrote:
[...]

You know, if I'm ever in an "emergency plumbing" situation, I doubt
I'm going to waste time finding out *why* someone got a bad review.

I think my time would be better spent calling one of the plumbers with
only good reviews.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 15, 4:29*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 15, 1:31*pm,

(reflection666) wrote:
[...]

You mean you wouldn't be asking a plumber over the phone if he had any
experience with leaks or toilet clogs? I mean that is some seriously
advanced stuff. The guy would have to have his own TOOLS, fer crying
out loud!

Posted to alt.home.repair

(reflection666) wrote:
[...]

R- Hide quoted text -

My favorite is "Check online for positive reviews and
a track record of past success. "

Where does the typical person go to find online reviews and track
records of success for local plumbers? The only resource that is
widely available is the Better Business Bureau and even they have very
limited imformation. If the plumber is in there, you can find out
some basic company info, if they have a satisfactory rating, and how
many complaints they've had. But it doesn't give reviews or anything
approaching a track record.

Angie's list is a website that is supposed to do that. But the one
time I took a quick look at it, you had to pay for access and it
wasn't cheap. Also, while that might work for NYC or Chicago, I doubt
you're gonna find many reviews there for a typical small town.

Best advice I would give is to choose an emergency plumber based on
experiences you've had with plumbers you;ve used yourself. Or ask
friends, neighbors, for their recommendations and have one picked out
ahead of time in case you eventually need one. Of course, there are a
range of what one could call "emergencies" too. For example, many of
them can be dealt with by turning off the water, which then gives you
a reasonable amount of time to figure out who to call.

Also, establish their rates upfront. And if it;s going to go beyond
just a quick service call, eg, you have a burst pipe and falling
ceiling, make sure you get a contract in writing.