Posted to alt.home.repair

Default And speakin' of DIY shows.....

what ever in the world happened to that ****stick Bob Vila?

GAWD that guy was obnoxious.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 2:51*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
what ever in the world happened to that ****stick Bob Vila?

GAWD that guy was obnoxious.

He did have an absolutely uncanny way of sounding condescending, no
matter what he was saying, how much, or to whom.

The funny thing is that his replacement, Steve Thomas, came across as
just the polar opposite - a really likable, knowledgeable guy. But
his recent show, Renovation Nation or something like that - I can't
watch it. He's turned into a smarmy, smug prick like Bob Vila. Maybe
it's death to be a host on TOH. The new guy who looks like Howdy
Doody is another really likable, slightly boobish guy. If he turns
into a smug prick we'll know for sure. Stay tuned.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2010 3:11 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 26, 2:51 pm, Steve wrote:
what ever in the world happened to that ****stick Bob Vila?

GAWD that guy was obnoxious.

He did have an absolutely uncanny way of sounding condescending, no
matter what he was saying, how much, or to whom.

The funny thing is that his replacement, Steve Thomas, came across as
just the polar opposite - a really likable, knowledgeable guy. But
his recent show, Renovation Nation or something like that - I can't
watch it. He's turned into a smarmy, smug prick like Bob Vila. Maybe
it's death to be a host on TOH. The new guy who looks like Howdy
Doody is another really likable, slightly boobish guy. If he turns
into a smug prick we'll know for sure. Stay tuned.

Been over 20 years since he left TOH:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Vila

T+G Joint Discussion From The Wreck - Shows Straightness Of Side Once Glued And Clamped - Shows Straightness Of Side.jpg (1/1) Tom Watson Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 May 26th 08 01:43 AM
T+G Joint Discussion From The Wreck - Shows Straightness Of Side Once Glued And Clamped - Shows Straightness Of Side.jpg (0/1) Tom Watson Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 May 26th 08 01:43 AM
The Woodworking Shows going away? Jane & David Woodworking 23 October 17th 07 01:08 AM
Woodworking Shows Ron S Woodworking 1 September 8th 06 12:56 AM
New woodworking shows Herbert Robinson Woodworking 3 July 15th 03 04:37 PM