Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fiber Optic Spyhole?

Here's the problem:

I live in a 3 story house with a two car garage and workshop down on the
ground floor. The living space begins on the second floor. I am in and
out of the garage all day long and generally enter the house through there.

Going downstairs, I often open the door only to find I've left the
lights on (sometimes overnight).

I was thinking: is there any sort of fiber optic thing that would mount
on the door and allow me to see the light on the other side of the door?
The stairwell is dark when I turn off its light from upstairs but I
would be able to see I'd forgotten something without having to
physically check.

I am open to other ideas... just want the lights out when I leave and
I'm too unaware to do it through memory. I've got the dread CRS disease.

Jay