Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital

Default What BULB do you guys use for taking pictures of automotive DIYs?

In a Toyota forum I write up automotive repair DIYs under lousy lighting
conditions (like many people do).

Only I use a good camera (Nikon D5000) and good back lighting to augment
the camera flash.

It's cheap. I buy 200 watt bulbs from ACE Hardware and put it in an
aluminum light fixture with clamps so I can secure the light. I change the
directdion of light constantly so a stand wouldn't work.

Problem is, I bust a bulb almost every time. When these bulbs are hot, they
break the filament if you drop or move the light suddenly.

Is there a better high lumens bulb that is sturdier than the "regular" 200W
bulbs from ACE?