DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PVC Cutting Tip Previously Posted (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/306980-pvc-cutting-tip-previously-posted.html)

Red Green July 24th 10 10:43 PM

PVC Cutting Tip Previously Posted

A bit back someone posted about cutting PVC pipe straight using a hose
clamp as a guide.

Had to cut an existing piece of 3" up between joists near the subfloor.
Borrowed the dryer duct clamp and used the official Harbor Freight
Multifunction tool. Straightest and cleanest one I've ever done I think.

Thanks for the tip.

Joe July 25th 10 11:57 PM

PVC Cutting Tip Previously Posted

On Jul 24, 4:43*pm, Red Green wrote:

snip

the official Harbor Freight Multifunction tool

How about that new HF air powered variable speed model, Red? Are you
going to get that one when your original gives up?

Joe

Red Green July 26th 10 01:43 AM

PVC Cutting Tip Previously Posted

Joe wrote in news:28eeda54-3e21-4551-a79b-
:

On Jul 24, 4:43*pm, Red Green wrote:

snip

the official Harbor Freight Multifunction tool

How about that new HF air powered variable speed model, Red? Are you
going to get that one when your original gives up?

Joe

For this particular tool and my usage I prefer electric.

Anyway, after using an oscillating tool (HF is my first) and learning it's
ability to do many things so simply and better that I struggled with
before, I'd invest in a mid to upper range one.

HeyBub[_3_] July 26th 10 04:09 AM

Joe wrote:
On Jul 24, 4:43 pm, Red Green wrote:

snip

the official Harbor Freight Multifunction tool

How about that new HF air powered variable speed model, Red? Are you
going to get that one when your original gives up?

I can imagine uses for the pneumatic when they produce some sooper-dooper
blades - like cutting away fenders.

Smitty Two July 26th 10 03:37 PM

PVC Cutting Tip Previously Posted

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Joe wrote:
On Jul 24, 4:43 pm, Red Green wrote:

snip

the official Harbor Freight Multifunction tool

How about that new HF air powered variable speed model, Red? Are you
going to get that one when your original gives up?

I can imagine uses for the pneumatic when they produce some sooper-dooper
blades - like cutting away fenders.

I guess I need another cup of coffee and some stronger reading glasses.
I read that twice and was wondering why you'd use a multi-tool for
cutting away fingers.

Smitty Two July 26th 10 03:38 PM

Red Green wrote:

Joe wrote in news:28eeda54-3e21-4551-a79b-
:

On Jul 24, 4:43*pm, Red Green wrote:

snip

the official Harbor Freight Multifunction tool

How about that new HF air powered variable speed model, Red? Are you
going to get that one when your original gives up?

Joe

For this particular tool and my usage I prefer electric.

Anyway, after using an oscillating tool (HF is my first) and learning it's
ability to do many things so simply and better that I struggled with
before, I'd invest in a mid to upper range one.

Has Fein lowered their prices now that the clones are out?

HeyBub[_3_] July 26th 10 09:34 PM

PVC Cutting Tip Previously Posted

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Joe wrote:
On Jul 24, 4:43 pm, Red Green wrote:

snip

the official Harbor Freight Multifunction tool

How about that new HF air powered variable speed model, Red? Are you
going to get that one when your original gives up?

I can imagine uses for the pneumatic when they produce some
sooper-dooper blades - like cutting away fenders.

I guess I need another cup of coffee and some stronger reading
glasses. I read that twice and was wondering why you'd use a
multi-tool for cutting away fingers.

That too. The current models won't cut flesh. Easily.

Stormin Mormon July 27th 10 01:05 AM

PVC Cutting Tip Previously Posted

The Iranian made models are a head of the rest of the world. Hats off
to them.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus