Posted to alt.home.repair
TN TN is offline

Default A/C fan won't shut off running at low RPM.

I've got an A/C that has been working fine this summer and normally
when I set all the tstats to off the A/C shuts down and the fan stops
as well.

Right now I have the tstats off but the fan continues to run at a
lower speed than when the A/C is on.

Any ideas on why this might happen? I'd like to do a little
troubleshooting before I call the tech.

Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair
TN TN is offline

On Jun 28, 1:21*pm, TN wrote:
I've got an A/C that has been working fine this summer and normally
when I set all the tstats to off the A/C shuts down and the fan stops
as well.

Right now I have the tstats off but the fan continues to run at a
lower speed than when the A/C is on.

Any ideas on why this might happen? *I'd like to do a little
troubleshooting before I call the tech.

Thanks!

Sorry. False alarm. #1 son decided to play tennis in basement and
ball hit the blower on switch. Would have been nice before if he told
me before he left the house!
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:21:19 -0700 (PDT), TN
wrote:

I've got an A/C that has been working fine this summer and normally
when I set all the tstats to off the A/C shuts down and the fan stops
as well.

You have an AC with mulitiple thermostats! How many?

Maybe you accidentally put the fan switch of one of them on ON.

This is part of an oil or gas furnace? Heat pump? Electric heat? No
heat?

(Once I broke my leg in the woods in Guatamala, and it swelled up a
lot in the 16 hours it took me to get to the doctor.

Six weeks later, when the caset came off it was still swollen. He
told me to soak my ankle in alternating hot and cold water. So I
asked the woman with the only room for rent in the town in Honduras on
the Pan-American highway if she had "agua caliente", and she said "Si,
senor, yo tengo agua corriente**." Running water. It was so warm
there that the cold water wasn't cold, so running hot water was much
less necessary, imo.

But that night without my asking, she heated the water for me on the
stove for me, so I did have hot water. I only stayed one night.

** or maybe it's curriente.

Right now I have the tstats off but the fan continues to run at a
lower speed than when the A/C is on.

Any ideas on why this might happen? I'd like to do a little
troubleshooting before I call the tech.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Which fan might that be?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"TN" wrote in message
I've got an A/C that has been working fine this summer and normally
when I set all the tstats to off the A/C shuts down and the fan stops
as well.

Right now I have the tstats off but the fan continues to run at a
lower speed than when the A/C is on.

Any ideas on why this might happen? I'd like to do a little
troubleshooting before I call the tech.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ah... THAT fan!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"TN" wrote in message
On Jun 28, 1:21 pm, TN wrote:
I've got an A/C that has been working fine this summer and normally
when I set all the tstats to off the A/C shuts down and the fan
stops
as well.

Right now I have the tstats off but the fan continues to run at a
lower speed than when the A/C is on.

Any ideas on why this might happen? I'd like to do a little
troubleshooting before I call the tech.

Thanks!

Sorry. False alarm. #1 son decided to play tennis in basement and
ball hit the blower on switch. Would have been nice before if he told
me before he left the house!

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:07:55 -0700 (PDT), TN
wrote:

On Jun 28, 1:21*pm, TN wrote:
I've got an A/C that has been working fine this summer and normally
when I set all the tstats to off the A/C shuts down and the fan stops
as well.

Right now I have the tstats off but the fan continues to run at a
lower speed than when the A/C is on.

Any ideas on why this might happen? *I'd like to do a little
troubleshooting before I call the tech.

Thanks!

Sorry. False alarm. #1 son decided to play tennis in basement and
ball hit the blower on switch. Would have been nice before if he told
me before he left the house!

I doubt he knew that the ball turned the fan on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hmm. Not unless he was really on the ball?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

SHUT-UP No Name Metalworking 6 August 11th 09 04:40 AM
plz help? gas shut off accidently (!) [email protected] Home Repair 8 February 9th 08 12:50 PM
Mower won't shut off [email protected] Home Repair 3 March 27th 06 01:13 PM
shut down Jonesy82 Electronics Repair 4 February 17th 05 10:10 AM