Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best truck I ever had... gone

Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The
truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two weeks ago, and
unfortunately the smallest Sprinters made currently are 144 wheel base,
which for me is unnecessarily large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10911899...eat=directlink

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in message
Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The
truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two weeks ago, and
unfortunately the smallest Sprinters made currently are 144 wheel base,
which for me is unnecessarily large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10911899...eat=directlink

Have you or anyone else considered the Ford Transit Connect?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Henchman" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message
Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The
truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two weeks ago, and
unfortunately the smallest Sprinters made currently are 144 wheel base,
which for me is unnecessarily large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10911899...eat=directlink

Have you or anyone else considered the Ford Transit Connect?

Despite the fact that those only have gas engines, and I'm sold on diesels,
I'd love to be able to fit my stuff in one, but they're just too small.
Hopefully in the future they or someone else will make a slightly bigger
version

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:15:44 -0400, "RBM" wrote:

Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The
truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two weeks ago, and
unfortunately the smallest Sprinters made currently are 144 wheel base,
which for me is unnecessarily large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10911899...eat=directlink

The toolbox looks like it has many more miles on it than the truck.
The toolbox has some valid battle scars. The toolbox is the only sign
that you were doing any "real" work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:15:44 -0400, "RBM" wrote:

Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The
truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two weeks ago, and
unfortunately the smallest Sprinters made currently are 144 wheel base,
which for me is unnecessarily large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10911899...eat=directlink

The toolbox looks like it has many more miles on it than the truck.
The toolbox has some valid battle scars. The toolbox is the only sign
that you were doing any "real" work.

That red Milwaukee box is the only tool box still alive. I have a circular
saw, Dewalt zawzall, Milwaukee sawzall, Dewalt pistol grip drill, Dewalt
driver drill, Bosch hammer drill, 4" angle grinder, skill sabre saw, and
Rotozip, all sitting in bins without toolboxes

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in message
Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The
truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two weeks ago, and
unfortunately the smallest Sprinters made currently are 144 wheel base,
which for me is unnecessarily large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10911899...eat=directlink

My condolences Roy. I know it is a royal PITA to get a new truck equipped
so that it functions according to your needs. I am happy with my Ford, but
had looked into the Sprinter. Word on the street is that their
transmissions don't last.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message
Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The
truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two weeks ago, and
unfortunately the smallest Sprinters made currently are 144 wheel base,
which for me is unnecessarily large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10911899...eat=directlink

My condolences Roy. I know it is a royal PITA to get a new truck equipped
so that it functions according to your needs. I am happy with my Ford,
but had looked into the Sprinter. Word on the street is that their
transmissions don't last.

For years I used E-250 vans, regardless if I bought it used or new, I could
expect 10 years out of them. None of them ever died outright, but after the
first 30K miles, the alignment would go out, and I'd wind up once a year
realigning them and replacing tires. The last new one I got was a 98', and
it just felt like junk, so I sold it in 06' for the Sprinter. The really
great thing about the Sprinter is the interior height, even with the
standard roof model, I can stand up inside, albeit hunched a bit, (I'm 6'3")
With regular vans, you're always on your knees. With the weight I carry, I
never got better than 11MPG with any Ford or Chevy. The Sprinter, with the
same weight, consistently got 21MPG, plus it had a heavier payload than the
E-250. I have a plumber friend that bought 4 Sprinters in 05' and 06', and
already they're all beat to death by his crew, but I babied mine. I was
planning on keeping it forever. For whatever reason, Mercedes decided not to
make the shorty Sprinters anymore, in fact they made the two remaining
models bigger, so for now I'm driving the second best truck I ever had... I
hope

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in message
[...]

Ya tried the Freightliner dealers as well? IIRC, they were the prime
outlet until the merger, and Dodge needed a replacement for their
1972?-basic-design full size vans. I've seen a few shiny ones around
town without the Dodge grille slapped on the front, so I think they were
still selling both models.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in message
[...]

2006 was the last year of the 118" wheelbase. In 2007 Sprinters were
redesigned and assembled in the U.S., but only in two wheelbases, 144 and
170". When Chrysler crashed, their marriage to Daimler ended and 2009 was
the last year any of them carried the Dodge badging. As of 2010 you could
get them with either Mercedes or Freightliner badging, but a Sprinter is a
Sprinter regardless of who's name is on it. The 2010 144" I replaced my
shorty with is a Freightliner, only because their dealership was closer than
the nearest MB dealership, that carries Sprinter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in message
Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The
truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two weeks ago, and
unfortunately the smallest Sprinters made currently are 144 wheel base,
which for me is unnecessarily large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10911899...eat=directlink

And your fuel economy was?

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/13/2010 4:15 PM, RBM wrote:
Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The
truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two weeks ago, and
unfortunately the smallest Sprinters made currently are 144 wheel base,
which for me is unnecessarily large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10911899...eat=directlink

I came across a wonderful used one at a truck dealer a year ago and
it was outfitted with all sorts of shelves and bins. I wish I'd had
the money to buy it. I would love to own a Sprinter.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message
Here are some pix of my 06' Sprinter 118" wheel base, 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel, outfitted my way, for my electrical service business. The
truck was totaled in a minor head on collision two weeks ago, and
unfortunately the smallest Sprinters made currently are 144 wheel base,
which for me is unnecessarily large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10911899...eat=directlink

And your fuel economy was?

--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube,
then
they come up with this striped stuff.

21 MPG non highway miles, consistently. FYI this is a 5 cylinder Mercedes
turbo diesel

TRUCK TOY BOX J T Woodworking 1 November 12th 07 05:11 PM
OT-Truck update Gunner Metalworking 27 February 4th 06 05:43 PM
Truck for sale... '99 Isuzu FTR - (It's Metal related because it's a MANLY TRUCK, and we're manly men here!!!!) RainLover Metalworking 0 October 14th 05 07:40 PM
The truck came and went...... Highland Pairos Woodworking 9 February 18th 05 11:16 PM
TRUCK BOX J T Woodworking 4 January 1st 05 06:22 PM