Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Incoming phone service only

I went to visit my aunt in the convalescent center. She has dementia.
She seems very sharp minded, but sometimes she talks about things you
know are just not true.

Anyway, her children won't let her have a phone because she has been
known to call the local sheriff's office to complain about a relative
stealing from her (which no one else believes is true).

I was wondering, and will check Monday, if the phone company offers a
service where she would be able to receive calls, but not be able to
make them. I am sure there would be a way to disable the phone to
prevent her from making calls, but it would seem to me that if the
phone company offered such a service it might also be a lower cost.