DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Want to buy a 40 inch LCD 1080p TV? The price is a secret (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/303844-ot-want-buy-40-inch-lcd-1080p-tv-price-secret.html)

metspitzer May 29th 10 05:47 AM

OT Want to buy a 40 inch LCD 1080p TV? The price is a secret

Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN40C6...N3G478SYBW2J03

Ed Pawlowski[_2_] May 29th 10 12:31 PM

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN40C6...N3G478SYBW2J03

They do that a lot of discounted items from certain brands.
Why Don't We Show the Price?
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how prices on their products may be
communicated.

Seems like a silly PITA to me though.

Tony[_19_] May 29th 10 03:17 PM

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN40C6...N3G478SYBW2J03

They do that a lot of discounted items from certain brands.
Why Don't We Show the Price?
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how prices on their products
may be communicated.

Seems like a silly PITA to me though.

I often hear that on radio or TV commercials. They say it's so low that
they can't say the price, you have to go to the store to get the price
(or maybe by phone). Silly PITA indeed.

Ron May 29th 10 05:45 PM

On May 29, 12:47*am, Metspitzer wrote:
Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN40C6...ack/dp/B0036WT...

$744.98

G. Morgan[_6_] May 30th 10 07:16 AM

Metspitzer wrote:

Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.

$744.98 Not Bad

Ron May 30th 10 09:10 AM

On May 30, 2:16*am, G. Morgan wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:
Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.

$744.98 *Not Bad

Depending on what you are looking for. Better prices for a 50" Plasma.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/29zhlhs

http://www.hhgregg.com/ProductDetail...roductID=37153

And please don't start the 720 vs 1080 argument again. Not saying that
you have, but it's been discussed here already.

I'll go ahead and get a headstart in case it comes up again.

http://reviews.cnet.com/720p-vs-1080p-hdtv/

Frank May 30th 10 09:10 PM

On May 29, 10:17*am, Tony wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
.. .
Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN40C6...ack/dp/B0036WT....

They do that a lot of discounted items from certain brands.
Why Don't We Show the Price?
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how prices on their products
may be communicated.

Seems like a silly PITA to me though.

I often hear that on radio or TV commercials. *They say it's so low that
they can't say the price, you have to go to the store to get the price
(or maybe by phone). *Silly PITA indeed.

Yes but internet shopping can be interesting.
There is an ad on in Firefox that pops up comparison prices at other
sites when you are shopping and have zeroed in on an item.

Tony[_19_] May 31st 10 06:54 AM

Frank wrote:
On May 29, 10:17 am, Tony wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
Bring it to the counter and we will tell you how much it cost.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN40C6...ack/dp/B0036WT...
They do that a lot of discounted items from certain brands.
Why Don't We Show the Price?
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how prices on their products
may be communicated.
Seems like a silly PITA to me though.

I often hear that on radio or TV commercials. They say it's so low that
they can't say the price, you have to go to the store to get the price
(or maybe by phone). Silly PITA indeed.

Yes but internet shopping can be interesting.
There is an ad on in Firefox that pops up comparison prices at other
sites when you are shopping and have zeroed in on an item.

That sounds interesting, just so it can be disabled easily.