Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This is really something

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...mzhvMgrLE&NR=1
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 May 2010 00:02:05 -0400, LouB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...mzhvMgrLE&NR=1

Discussed right here less than a month ago. Turns out that it is
real expensive to replace the brake and blade every time it stops--
even when the unit stops for no apparent reason.

I use my guard and/or caution and have managed to keep all my fingers.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 12:02*am, LouB wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...http://www.you....

That is neat. Why didn't someone come up with this idea sooner.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 5:46*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2010 00:02:05 -0400, LouB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...http://www.you...

Discussed right here less than a month ago. * *Turns out that it is
real expensive to replace the brake and blade every time it stops--
even when the unit stops for no apparent reason.

I use my guard and/or caution and have managed to keep all my fingers.

Jim

Would wet wood trigger it, sweat, or light rain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...mzhvMgrLE&NR=1

Safety for morons.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mikepier wrote:

On May 26, 12:02*am, LouB wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...http://www.you...

That is neat. Why didn't someone come up with this idea sooner.

You mean like 10 years ago? They did. Why hasn't it caught on?
Because it is expensive, inconvenient, and mostly unnecessary.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

ransley wrote:

Would wet wood trigger it, sweat, or light rain.

Construction-wet lumber can; there's an override switch to defeat it for
the purpose. Of course, then there's no difference between it and
another saw w/o the brake.

Haven't seen the others specifically addressed, one would presume there
would be ways if can get enough apparent capacitance while the blade is
running, yes...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 May 2010 00:02:05 -0400, LouB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...mzhvMgrLE&NR=1

I wonder if Batman invented it?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On May 25, 10:02*pm, LouB wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...http://www.you....

==
I wouldn't trust it for a moment.
==
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2010 00:02:05 -0400, LouB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...mzhvMgrLE&NR=1

Discussed right here less than a month ago. Turns out that it is
real expensive to replace the brake and blade every time it stops--
even when the unit stops for no apparent reason.

I use my guard and/or caution and have managed to keep all my fingers.

Jim

Agreed- a solution in search of a problem. Use the tool correctly and
carefully, don't work when you are tired/drunk/mad, don't let kids
operate it until they have had plenty of instruction and show the proper
maturity, etc etc. If you have stupid employees, get smarter ones.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2010 6:04 PM, aemeijers wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2010 00:02:05 -0400, LouB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...mzhvMgrLE&NR=1

Discussed right here less than a month ago. Turns out that it is
real expensive to replace the brake and blade every time it stops--
even when the unit stops for no apparent reason.

I use my guard and/or caution and have managed to keep all my fingers.

Jim

Agreed- a solution in search of a problem. Use the tool correctly and
carefully, don't work when you are tired/drunk/mad, don't let kids
operate it until they have had plenty of instruction and show the proper
maturity, etc etc. If you have stupid employees, get smarter ones.

Not to mention that I'll bet even the morons dumb enough to buy it, will
get ****ed and disable it after the first false trigger.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 3:21*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2010 00:02:05 -0400, LouB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...http://www.you...

I wonder if Batman invented it?

No, a lawyer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 4:28*pm, Roy wrote:
On May 25, 10:02*pm, LouB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...http://www.you...

==
I wouldn't trust it for a moment.

Oh, it works. It's about 2x the price of an equivalent saw and the
inventor is trying to force the "technology" (his patent) on the
industry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

keith wrote:
On May 26, 4:28 pm, Roy wrote:
On May 25, 10:02 pm, LouB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...http://www.you...

==
I wouldn't trust it for a moment.

Oh, it works. It's about 2x the price of an equivalent saw and the
inventor is trying to force the "technology" (his patent) on the
industry.

And it costs real money each time it trips.
OTOH it could savea finger or two so some might consider it.