Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trouble with garage door remote

Hi,

We have a LiftMaster 3280 that was installed about 4 years ago. It
came with a remote that worked fine until at least six months ago. We
hardly ever use this remote because our car has built-in buttons that
we were able to program to operate the opener. We use the in-car
button frequently, and it still opens and closes the door with no
trouble. The LiftMaster button mounted on the garage wall also works
flawlessly.

I use the LiftMaster remote when I ride my bike; the last time I used
it was in the fall. Now the thing appears to be dead. Replacing the
battery made no difference. I attempted to re-teach the remote via
the instructions in the manual, but that also made no difference.

The remote could be completely dead, but I find that hard to believe
since it's just been sitting dormant on a shelf for six months. Is
there anything else I can do to troubleshoot this thing? I have a
multimeter and some really basic appliance repair knowledge. Can I
somehow confirm that the electronics are fine, and this is just a code
"learning" problem? Or do I just need to give it up and buy a
replacement?

TIA, Stavros

Garage door remote GT90-1 vs. 912 [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 2nd 09 06:48 AM
Garage door trouble engwar Home Repair 7 October 17th 08 06:47 PM
decent garage door remote Karl Townsend Metalworking 11 August 22nd 07 03:46 AM
Garage door remote Bill Home Repair 1 July 11th 06 12:02 AM
Garage Door Remote Robert11 Home Ownership 2 July 24th 05 07:18 PM