Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ni-Cad vs Lithium batteries

On Mar 31, 7:22*pm, Anthona wrote:
I just purchased online from home depot an edger/trimmer...In the
specifications it said electric, *nothing mentioned about batteries.
and i thought that was what i getting. It turned out it was cordless
with 18v ni-cad battery. Now from past experience, i have had bad luck
with those batteries...mostly through my ignorance of different type
of batteries..Recently i learned that Lithium batteries were the
better choice, if i was going for cordless. I went back to the site
and sure enough, the heading of the sale did say cordless. Now can
someone tell me how to maintain these batteries when not in use?
Obviously here in the new england area i won't be using it all year.
The *manual says nothing about that.

I have a Dewalt 12V drill which I bought so long ago I can hardly
remember.
I made sure that I discharged the ni-cad batteries all the way and I
would only charge it a few hours
before I needed it. It still works btw but the charge does not last
long.
There is nothing wrong with ni-cads imo you just have to be careful
with them.