Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT-Norton Adware/Malware

On Mar 27, 5:42*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
,
HeyBub typed:

RonB wrote:

You missed the point. *I uninstalled Norton 6 months ago
when we bought the machine. *They intruded, installed
themselves and started scanning, uninvited, this morning.

We use Mcafee and a couple of others. *Never them again.

That "point" was never made until very recently. So much for
writing ability.

Ed made your point earlier and he was correct. So to you I will
simply say "Get Screwed!" Is that clear enough?

I purchased the PC in September of last year after a lightening
strike. I was already running McAfee on the damaged PC, so I very
deliberately uninstalled Norton because I knew McAfee was going to
require removal anyway. This morning, when I booted up, I had a brand
new Norton Icon on the desktop and a new entry in my start up menu. I
uninstalled both. Ten minutes later Norton was preparing to scan my
machine from a dialogue panel that had no minimize or close options.
I did, again, uninstall from another new start up menu entry and got
the application stopped.

I don't know if this new Norton intrusion has been lurking since I
uninstalled in September; or if it came into my PC recently. Either
way it was unwanted and non-professional. When I uninstalled it six
months ago that should have been a pretty clear indication that we
didn't need it.

Much like I didn't need your smart-assed, repetitive comment regarding
my writing ability. Now if that wasn't clear I can get more clear.

So there!

RonB