Posted to alt.home.repair

Default House number sign with wires in it...

wrote in message
My house has a house number sign on the wall next to the garage. I
never knew it can light up at night until I recently opened it up and
saw 2 bulb holders with 2 bulbs, and 2 wire nuts. The 2 bulbs are not
working at this time but I am not sure if they are both bad or I need
to connect the 2 wire nuts to some light sensor devices to enable the
bulbs to light up at dusk. Can someone take a look and advise? The
bulbs are 18V and 6W. I tried to look for them everywhere but they are
really hard to find. Can I use a 110V, 6W bulb instead?
The wire nuts have a black, a white, and 2 small low voltage cables
connected to them. What are these for?

http://sopmedia.com/sopguest/roof/photo.jpg
http://sopmedia.com/sopguest/roof/photo-4.jpg

Thanks
Dennis

A low voltage is sourced from a transformer somewhere, possibly your door
bell.

Use a volt meter to check the voltage If you have something around 18 volts
then all you need is new bulbs.

110 volt bulbs are not a replacement option, find the right bulbs. Look in
the yellow pages under lighting or go to a real hardware store and have them
get them for you. You can also google { bulb 18v 6w ) and find lots of
place to buy, but local is probably better. These small bulbs then to last
for many years even when run 24 hours a day. If you have 10 cent per kWh
electricity running them 24/7 will run you about 44 cents a month.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the
tube, then
they come up with this striped stuff.

As a child, one of my better moments came when I discovered that
the tube of shave cream my Dad used and the tube of toothpaste the
family used could be used to "inject" or "fill" the other with
either shave cream or toothpaste. The beating was worth it after
several days of everyone complaining about the terrible flavor of
the toothpaste.

--
Nonny
Suppose you were an idiot.

-Mark Twain
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nonny wrote:

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube,
then
they come up with this striped stuff.

As a child, one of my better moments came when I discovered that the
tube of shave cream my Dad used and the tube of toothpaste the family
used could be used to "inject" or "fill" the other with either shave
cream or toothpaste. The beating was worth it after several days of
everyone complaining about the terrible flavor of the toothpaste.

There was the time I put an exploding load in my brother's cigarettes.
When he walked by with his, I suddenly realized the cigarettes were
my Dad's. The result was so funny, I didn't receive a beating.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default House number sign and bathroom mixup

Dennis the Menace had a similar moment, at Mr. Wilson's
expense, in the movie. Funny.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Nonny wrote:

As a child, one of my better moments came when I
discovered that the
tube of shave cream my Dad used and the tube of toothpaste
the family
used could be used to "inject" or "fill" the other with
either shave
cream or toothpaste. The beating was worth it after
several days of
everyone complaining about the terrible flavor of the
toothpaste.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default House number sign and exploding loads

Oh, I bet that was a mess. Glad they saw the humor in it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote