Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Internet broken?

Why is it that when I do a Google search for chipper/shredders it shows
a link to Sears. Then I click on the Sears link I see cameras and table
saws??????####!!!!! I get that all the time when searching. It you go to
a link, Home depot, Lowe's, Sears, Target anywhere it AIN'T WHAT YOU WANT!.
Broken internet.

--
LSMFT

Drive slower than the posted speed.............................
And you too can become a fracking prick..............
Posted to alt.home.repair

"LSMFT" wrote in message
Why is it that when I do a Google search for chipper/shredders it shows a
link to Sears. Then I click on the Sears link I see cameras and table
saws??????####!!!!! I get that all the time when searching. It you go to
a link, Home depot, Lowe's, Sears, Target anywhere it AIN'T WHAT YOU
WANT!.
Broken internet.

It's Obama's fault!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-03-17, LSMFT wrote:
Why is it that when I do a Google search for chipper/shredders it shows
a link to Sears. Then I click on the Sears link I see cameras and table
saws??????####!!!!! I get that all the time when searching. It you go to
a link, Home depot, Lowe's, Sears, Target anywhere it AIN'T WHAT YOU WANT!.
Broken internet.

Ya' gotta be smarter than the tool!

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:48:48 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

Why is it that when I do a Google search for chipper/shredders it shows
a link to Sears. Then I click on the Sears link I see cameras and table
saws??????####!!!!! I get that all the time when searching. It you go to
a link, Home depot, Lowe's, Sears, Target anywhere it AIN'T WHAT YOU WANT!.
Broken internet.

Yes, the internet is broken. A large truck crashed into a telephone
pole and several wires were shorted. Others were broken. It's shorted
out half of the net.

I had to drive ten miles just to post this at a computer on the other
side of the river.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Some of it has to do with companies putting randomly changing
advertisements on their web pages. When google asked for that page it
had a shredder on it somewhere. When you asked for it, it had
something different.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Al gore built it, and Obama broke it. Anyone but me remember
the old jingle we used to sing on the school bus about
Frank, Frank, turned the crank?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pedro" wrote in message

WANT!.
Broken internet.

It's Obama's fault!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"LSMFT" wrote in message
Why is it that when I do a Google search for chipper/shredders it shows a
link to Sears. Then I click on the Sears link I see cameras and table
saws??????####!!!!! I get that all the time when searching. It you go to a
link, Home depot, Lowe's, Sears, Target anywhere it AIN'T WHAT YOU WANT!.
Broken internet.

--
LSMFT

You need to clear your cookies. Not toss them.

You are being served ads based on searches you have made in the past. At
least as Google sees them.

You can opt out of this service if you like.

I can not recall the link off the top of my head but the link is in my
privacy policy at the site in my sig link.

--
Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , LSMFT wrote:
Why is it that when I do a Google search for chipper/shredders it shows
a link to Sears. Then I click on the Sears link I see cameras and table
saws??????####!!!!! I get that all the time when searching. It you go to
a link, Home depot, Lowe's, Sears, Target anywhere it AIN'T WHAT YOU WANT!.
Broken internet.

Sounds like a PEBKAC to me. Or perhaps an eye-dee-ten-tee error...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , LSMFT wrote:
Why is it that when I do a Google search for chipper/shredders it shows
a link to Sears. Then I click on the Sears link I see cameras and table
saws??????####!!!!! I get that all the time when searching. It you go to
a link, Home depot, Lowe's, Sears, Target anywhere it AIN'T WHAT YOU WANT!.
Broken internet.

Sounds like a PEBKAC to me. Or perhaps an eye-dee-ten-tee error...

Sloppy google and/or vendor web pages, that ignore the last part of the
google link when it bangs on the front door of the linked site. I have
to re-search like that all the time. Sometimes, copying the link google
provides into the browser bar drops you on the correct sub-page of the
vendor site.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 17, 5:48*pm, LSMFT wrote:
Why is it that when I do a Google search for chipper/shredders it shows
Broken internet.

Bing it all...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Mar 20, 3:30*am, "
wrote:
On Mar 17, 5:48*pm, LSMFT wrote:

Why is it that when I do a Google search for chipper/shredders it shows
Broken internet.

Bing it all...

==
All of my searches using Google or Bing or whatever result in
references to chippers/shredders...who'd a thunk it?
==
Posted to alt.home.repair

Actually, it's not the internet. It's because those companies use those
terms as Meta Tags in their web site Meta data ...."

No, actually, it's because you are clicking on the links nearest the
top of the page. Those are ads, not search results. You know they
are ads because there is a yellow background and a note saying

And the reason those links don't necessarily go to the proper page on
the advertiser's site (some do) is because it costs the advertiser
more to do that.