Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Better Flashlights

"DemoDisk" wrote in message
news:FPudnetFB6u87AXWnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@yournetplus. com...

Mag or Garrity 3 or 4 D cell light. Slice the night. Read
house numbers. Beat off muggers and burglars. See what is
that noise in your chicken coop.

Are you dissing my house?

CY: yes! Cut back on the chickens, please.

Tactical Xenon light. Expensive light with expensive bulbs
and expensive
batteries. But it does a terrific job of lighting house
numbers for night
service calls. Also good for spotting racoon in trees.
Actually small enough
to put in pocket.

That's an interesting light!

CY: Lot of fun.

Closet light. Runs on D cells, some run on AA cells. Can
be
fluorescent,
filament bulb, or LED. Stationary applications, for short
term light. Many
closet lights are bright enough to light up an entire room
enough to walk
around.

Perfect. Need at least one.

CY: Walmart, in the electrical section.

Spotlight that plugs into the lighter socket. Light up the
entire side of the house.

Yeah -- got one, but never use it.

CY: Maybe some day.

Make burglars go into V-fib. Spook the horses. Signal
alien space
ships,

Now you're dissing my neighborhood!

CY: Nah-noo, Nah-noo. (If you don't get that, google search
Robin Williams, in Mork and Mindy.)

I'm Christopher Young
and I approved this message.

Thanks for your input, Christopher
Jm

CY: Y'welcome.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wow! WAS..Better Flashlights

On 2010-03-11, Rob wrote:

Here's an example of one that uses a Cree Q5:

I'll hafta check it out. I know LED technology is making huge leaps
in progress. I also like the fact it's reasonably priced, not a total
rip-off like those ridiculous tactical LED flashlights that cost
in the hundreds of dollars. They're just flashlights, ferchrysakes.

nb

Yeah, my friends' "tactical" flashlights were well over $100, and they
use relatively expensive CR-123 batteries. Customary issue for police
dept though. I think part of the cost is for more reliable switches,
better contacts, etc. That's important in that case.

For regular use, the ones on that site are fine. And under $20 with
shipping included. Some of the laser hotrodders buy those just to get
the case.

The Cree LEDs are surprisingly bright. I researched that a bit before
ending up with the Q5, but they may have newer brighter ones now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:16:06 -0500, Rob wrote:

Yeah, my friends' "tactical" flashlights were well over $100, and they
use relatively expensive CR-123 batteries. Customary issue for police
dept though. I think part of the cost is for more reliable switches,
better contacts, etc. That's important in that case.

I may look into this flashlight.

"Streetwise Rechargeable 1 Million Volts Mini Stun Baton 10""

Product Features

* Item #: SWMB-1000R
* 1 Million Volts
* Rechargeable
* 4 LED Flashlight
* 10" Long
* 9 oz
* Safety Button
* Manufacturer Limited Lifetime Warranty
* $12.00 Holster with belt loop included for FREE!

Short video:

http://www.beststungun.com/rechargea...-baton-10.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
[...]

Now how do I get off that page???
Posted to alt.home.repair

Please post a URL if you find it on the net.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Thomas" wrote in message
They're just flashlights, ferchrysakes.

Do a search for The Torch+Flashlight. That puppy is a heck
of a light.
CY should buy one to test out. (I'm at work, can't remember
link)

Posted to alt.home.repair

For cheap light to use occasionally and briefly. Ebay has
Xenon lights. Light is about $15 postpaid. They take the
camera batteries, expensive. But once in a while to find a
house number at night, they are excellent.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rob" wrote in message

Yeah, my friends' "tactical" flashlights were well over
$100, and they
use relatively expensive CR-123 batteries. Customary issue
for police
dept though. I think part of the cost is for more reliable
switches,
better contacts, etc. That's important in that case.

For regular use, the ones on that site are fine. And under
$20 with
shipping included. Some of the laser hotrodders buy those
just to get
the case.

The Cree LEDs are surprisingly bright. I researched that a
bit before
ending up with the Q5, but they may have newer brighter ones
now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Do what I do.... go drive to Walmart, and stand in the
flashlight aisle.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"E Z Peaces" wrote in message

"Streetwise Rechargeable 1 Million Volts Mini Stun Baton
10""

Product Features

* Item #: SWMB-1000R
* 1 Million Volts
* Rechargeable
* 4 LED Flashlight
* 10" Long
* 9 oz
* Safety Button
* Manufacturer Limited Lifetime Warranty
* $12.00 Holster with belt loop included for FREE!

Short video:

http://www.beststungun.com/rechargea...-baton-10.html

Now how do I get off that page???

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 12, 4:48*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Please post a URL if you find it on the net.

Currently being reviewed by The Guinness Book of World Records, The
Torch is the world's brightest and most powerful flashlight. This
flashlight is easily capable of melting plastic, lighting paper on
fire within seconds, and if you want, frying an egg or a marshmallow
on a stick! At 4100 lumens, The Torch is 100 lumens more powerful than
The Polarion Helios, the former most powerful flashlight. Looking to
buy a bright flashlight? This flashlight torch will not disappoint
you.

So how did we make such a powerful, bright flashlight? The Torch uses
an incredible halogen light bulb rated at 100 Watts and runs on a
custom built high voltage rechargeable battery. To keep the front lens
from shattering due to the immense heat generated, The Torch
flashlight is equipped with a specialized heat resistant glass lens
and is encased in a durable, military grade aluminum case. Check out
The Torch flashlight in action below.

www.wickedlasers.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I consider 4100 lumens to be an incredibly tall claim for a 100 watt
halogen bulb, even one that is run very aggressively.

The highest luminous efficacy I have heard of so far for tungsten
incandescent lamps is 35 lumens/watt. One that gets close to this is
the EHJ halogen lamp, a 24 volt 250 watt one. That one achieves 32
lumens/watt. Even with its very thick filament, it is only rated to
last 40 hours.

I have heard various figures in the 32 to 35 lumen/watt range for
the #2 and #4 photoflood lamps, 500 and 1000 watts respectively, and
rated to last 6 and 10 hours respectively.

So, maybe a 100 watt halogen lamp with short life expectancy would
produce 3500 lumens, minus losses in the flashlight's optics.

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.home.repair

Just a bunch of laser pointers. No torch that I can find.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 16, 8:09*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Just a bunch of laser pointers. No torch that I can find.
www.wickedlasers.com

Look on the left under the heading "Flashlight".

Posted to alt.home.repair

Couldn't post
http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-41.html
would that be too obvious?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:
Just a bunch of laser pointers. No torch that I can find.
www.wickedlasers.com

Look on the left under the heading "Flashlight".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 17, 7:33*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Couldn't post
* *http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-41.html
would *that be too obvious?

Sorry. I copied and pasted the text, then typed in the URL. My PC is
falling apart and it would have taken 3 days longer to go back and
forth.

So...What do you think about the light?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I think it's fun to watch once or twice. Aside from night
time search and rescues, I can't think of much use. Blinding
attackers, during a night mugging?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:
Couldn't post
http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-41.html
would that be too obvious?

Sorry. I copied and pasted the text, then typed in the URL.
My PC is
falling apart and it would have taken 3 days longer to go
back and
forth.

So...What do you think about the light?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 10:17*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I think it's fun to watch once or twice. Aside from night
time search and rescues, I can't think of much use. Blinding
attackers, during a night mugging?

I think you being a flashlight type of guy would have it for the wow
effect. Every time you would shine it at someone they would exclaim
"Jesus!".

Snap-On flashlights at Costco [email protected] Metalworking 11 September 20th 08 03:27 PM
Cheap batteries for LED flashlights Stormin Mormon Home Repair 0 July 21st 07 10:50 PM
Mag LED Flashlights Erik Metalworking 21 January 11th 06 10:48 PM
LED flashlights? Grant Erwin Metalworking 55 September 2nd 05 05:29 AM
OT, Sorta-LED flashlights... AL A. Metalworking 69 November 18th 03 04:15 AM