Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A bit OT, but good information to have

This is auto, but since we put cars in garages, it is close enough. Most of
us here have a car or truck. Want to know if you are the only one having a
particular problm? Something to avoid in a used car you are considering?

Check out
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/index.cfm

I searched for Buick and my year has had many complaints about the power
windows. New models don't seem to have that problem. Good information to
have if you are looking for warranty coverage and the dealer says "never had
that before" and you can show him 50 others.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
This is auto, but since we put cars in garages, it is close enough.
Most of us here have a car or truck. Want to know if you are the only
one having a particular problm? Something to avoid in a used car you
are considering?

Check out
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/index.cfm

I searched for Buick and my year has had many complaints about the power
windows. New models don't seem to have that problem. Good information
to have if you are looking for warranty coverage and the dealer says
"never had that before" and you can show him 50 others.

Whew...what a relief! My '84 Buick doesn't have much bad stuff. Well,
one owner had an engine fall out. The vinyl on the landau roof is
rather tacky looking...10 years in Florida sun. Wish I knew how to
replace it. Poor old Miss Regal is too old to put money into, too good
to junk ) Cops don't ticket old brown Regals - they seem to focus on
red sport cars. Never had a ticket, been driving about 50 years. I get
hit in the back end now and then, but no dents. The new junk gets
dented. Wish I could find a newer car with no electronic garbage....