Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help me come up with some ideas for updating a weird gas fireplace

What this fireplace kinda looks like is a three sided fireplace with one
side sealed up with bricks.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/fireplace1.JPG

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/fireplace2.JPG

I'd kinda like to put up mesh and a scratch coat over the entire exterior
and then tile, but those angle irons and support columns might present a
problem.

Could I encase the columns with cement board to square them off and then
tile?

Thanks,
Craig

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4916 (20100304) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 4, 9:48*pm, "CraigT" wrote:
What this fireplace kinda looks like is a three sided fireplace with one
side sealed up with bricks.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/fireplace1.JPG

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/fireplace2.JPG

I'd kinda like to put up mesh and a scratch coat over the entire exterior
and then tile, but those angle irons and support columns might present a
problem.

Could I encase the columns with cement board to square them off and then
tile?

Thanks,
Craig

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4916 (20100304) __________

http://www.eset.com

Can't access the pics
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 4, 11:06*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Mar 4, 9:48*pm, "CraigT" wrote:

What this fireplace kinda looks like is a three sided fireplace with one
side sealed up with bricks.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/fireplace1.JPG

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/fireplace2.JPG

I'd kinda like to put up mesh and a scratch coat over the entire exterior
and then tile, but those angle irons and support columns might present a
problem.

Could I encase the columns with cement board to square them off and then
tile?

Thanks,
Craig

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4916 (20100304) __________

http://www.eset.com

Can't access the pics- Hide quoted text -

Oops - now I got them - You have a real mess there. How about tearing
out the bricks and starting over? Or, maybe covering the bricks with
some type of tilee?