Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Confused

In article , dpb wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Think of it this way;

10 feet by 10 feet = 100 square feet. OK.
20 by 20 = 400 sq. feet
30 by 30 = 900
50 by 50 = 2500
100 by 100 = 10,000
200 by 200 = 40,000
And 206.3 by 1206.3 = 43,560

Sorry, but doing that gives me a headache. Just by looking at the bottom
line, 40X 1206 is 48,000something, more than an acre. And 40 is one fifth
of 206 give or take. So, that answer is off by a factor of five or
thereabouts.

I presumed the 1206 was a typo and intended as another 206.3 given the
pattern above. Still, sqrt(43560) = 208.71..., though, not 206-something...

It's the result of multiple typos. 206.3 = sqrt(42560).
Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
Think of it this way;

10 feet by 10 feet = 100 square feet. OK.
20 by 20 = 400 sq. feet
30 by 30 = 900
50 by 50 = 2500
100 by 100 = 10,000
200 by 200 = 40,000
And 206.3 by 1206.3 = 43,560

Sorry, but doing that gives me a headache. Just by looking at the bottom
line, 40X 1206 is 48,000something, more than an acre. And 40 is one
fifth of 206 give or take. So, that answer is off by a factor of five or
thereabouts.

I presumed the 1206 was a typo and intended as another 206.3 given the
pattern above. Still, sqrt(43560) = 208.71..., though, not
206-something...

Why are you getting the square root of an acre? There is no way you can
line up the 113 squares to make another square where you can measure one
side. You need to take the whole area, then get the square root.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:
Ok, one acre is 43560 square feet so , if a perfect square, one
dimension should be half that? So the lot should be 21780 deep. So
that should be about 2/10ths of a mile deep?

Confused or just number/math challenged? Either way you are confusing me.

If you had a lot 21780' deep that was an acre it wouldn't be a square, it
would be 2' wide. Good for a strip mall

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dadiOH" wrote in message
LSMFT wrote:
Ok, one acre is 43560 square feet so , if a perfect square, one
dimension should be half that? So the lot should be 21780 deep. So
that should be about 2/10ths of a mile deep?

Confused or just number/math challenged? Either way you are confusing me.

If you had a lot 21780' deep that was an acre it wouldn't be a square, it
would be 2' wide. Good for a strip mall

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Or a spaghetti factory.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:07:19 -0500, LSMFT wrote:

Ok, one acre is 43560 square feet so , if a perfect square, one
dimension should be half that? So the lot should be 21780 deep. So that
should be about 2/10ths of a mile deep?
How deep is a 113 acre lot that is a perfect square?

I agree. You're confused.

If a perfect square, one dimension is the square root of the square
footage.

On the OTHER hand, the value of a bridge is calculated based on it's
length, age, and location. I, personally, hold title and can offer a
GREAT deal on an historic old bridge in New York City. Lemme' know if
you're interested.

-DS

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dudley Hewitt Squat" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:07:19 -0500, LSMFT wrote:

Ok, one acre is 43560 square feet so , if a perfect square, one
dimension should be half that? So the lot should be 21780 deep. So that
should be about 2/10ths of a mile deep?
How deep is a 113 acre lot that is a perfect square?

I agree. You're confused.

If a perfect square, one dimension is the square root of the square
footage.

On the OTHER hand, the value of a bridge is calculated based on it's
length, age, and location. I, personally, hold title and can offer a
GREAT deal on an historic old bridge in New York City. Lemme' know if
you're interested.

-DS

Check in with your MLS. I sold that property already. And I have a good
faith deposit from another buyer as well.

Steve ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:
Ok, one acre is 43560 square feet so , if a perfect square, one
dimension should be half that? So the lot should be 21780 deep. So
that should be about 2/10ths of a mile deep?
How deep is a 113 acre lot that is a perfect square?

Can you put this in hectares and metres?

--
PV

Puritanism is the haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.
H.L. Mencken

Posted to alt.home.repair

"PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net wrote in message
LSMFT wrote:
Ok, one acre is 43560 square feet so , if a perfect square, one
dimension should be half that? So the lot should be 21780 deep. So
that should be about 2/10ths of a mile deep?
How deep is a 113 acre lot that is a perfect square?

Can you put this in hectares and metres?

--
PV

Yes. Can you?

O/T: I'm Confused Lew Hodgett[_2_] Woodworking 4 October 14th 08 04:06 AM
I'm a little confused... RB[_2_] Metalworking 3 September 26th 08 07:18 PM
I'm a little confused... Sunworshipper[_2_] Metalworking 2 September 24th 08 06:05 AM
I'm a bit confused here? George UK diy 3 April 30th 08 05:44 PM
I'm confused about Btu ? john Smith UK diy 6 February 15th 05 12:01 PM