Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any success with ridding a walkway of pesky moles (what's the secret?)

I have moles that contantly pop up the bricks under a walkway (bricks in
sand). I don't want to kill the moles. I just want them to go somewhere
else.

On Monday, I poured a gallon of ammonia down one five feet away, I poured a
gallon of bleach into another hole.

So far the moles haven't returned but while I'm waiting, I was wondering if
anyone had other advice for getting rid of pesky moles.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Two thoughts come to mind.
1) Google search
2) Moles, like squirrels, are a dynamic population. Whatever
you do, will be necessary to do for the rest of your life.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Kathleen Rabun"

wrote in message
I have moles that contantly pop up the bricks under a
walkway (bricks in
sand). I don't want to kill the moles. I just want them to
go somewhere
else.

On Monday, I poured a gallon of ammonia down one five feet
away, I poured a
gallon of bleach into another hole.

So far the moles haven't returned but while I'm waiting, I
was wondering if
anyone had other advice for getting rid of pesky moles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kathleen Rabun wrote:

I have moles that contantly pop up the bricks under a
walkway (bricks in sand). I don't want to kill the moles.
I just want them to go somewhere else.

On Monday, I poured a gallon of ammonia down one five feet
away, I poured a gallon of bleach into another hole.

So far the moles haven't returned but while I'm waiting, I
was wondering if anyone had other advice for getting rid
of pesky moles.

Have a neighbor with an inside-only cat? Ask them for some
urine-soaked litter and pour some into each hole and then
pour in some sand to plug it up. I sent a colony of mice in
search of a new home this way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:00:32 +0000 (UTC), Kathleen Rabun
wrote:

I have moles that contantly pop up the bricks under a walkway (bricks in
sand). I don't want to kill the moles. I just want them to go somewhere
else.

On Monday, I poured a gallon of ammonia down one five feet away, I poured a
gallon of bleach into another hole.

So far the moles haven't returned but while I'm waiting, I was wondering if
anyone had other advice for getting rid of pesky moles.

A frisky cat might do the job. Raw bacon and mouse traps will
temporarily reduce the population. Tape off one square foot of lawn
and dig out 2-4 inches--if you can find more than ONE grub in a square
foot, use a good grub control product on your lawn and the moles will
go elsewhere.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kathleen Rabun
wrote in :

I have moles that contantly pop up the bricks under a walkway (bricks
in sand). I don't want to kill the moles. I just want them to go
somewhere else.

On Monday, I poured a gallon of ammonia down one five feet away, I
poured a gallon of bleach into another hole.

So far the moles haven't returned but while I'm waiting, I was
wondering if anyone had other advice for getting rid of pesky moles.

I don't want to kill the moles. I just want them to go
somewhere else.

Get rid of food source. Typically they love grubs. I've heard they will
also go after flower bulbs. Milky Spore (natural and harmless to plants,
birds, aquatics) will rid grubs for 10+years but takes time to establish.
Google it for info.

You have woods nearby?
Bulb beds near walk?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don't those chemicals combine to make something like phosgene, the deadly
gas from WW1?

I can't remember the name of it, but some years ago at the hardware store, I
found a thing that looks like a big firecracker (1/2" x 5"). I think 4 in a
package for under $10. It's a smoke bomb. I went right to the checkout
counter with it after reading the package down to where it said "light the
fuse..." ;-) Figured it had to be fun. And it actually worked.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Don't those chemicals combine to make something like
phosgene, the deadly gas from WW1?

Sodium hypochlorite (bleach) combined with ammonia produces
chlorine gas. Bad stuff!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kathleen Rabun wrote:
I have moles that contantly pop up the bricks under a walkway (bricks
in sand). I don't want to kill the moles. I just want them to go
somewhere else.

On Monday, I poured a gallon of ammonia down one five feet away, I
poured a gallon of bleach into another hole.

So far the moles haven't returned but while I'm waiting, I was
wondering if anyone had other advice for getting rid of pesky moles.

This individual has found some amusing attempts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fePU5CIHpas

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 21, 7:34*pm, Bryce wrote:
wrote:
Don't those chemicals combine to make something like
phosgene, the deadly gas from WW1?

Sodium hypochlorite (bleach) combined with ammonia produces
chlorine gas. *Bad stuff!

Yes, chlorine gas is bad stuff, but I wouldn't worry about it outside.
Not that I'd linger in the area, but the chlorine gas would quickly
react with stuff in the air.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 20, 10:00*pm, Kathleen Rabun katspianostudio...@Use-Author-
Supplied-Address.invalid wrote:
I have moles that contantly pop up the bricks under a walkway (bricks in
sand). I don't want to kill the moles. I just want them to go somewhere
else.

Don't want to kill the moles? Oh brother. Come back when you get
serious.