Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas Dryer problems

My gas dryer wouldn't ignite, igniter wouldn't even glow, even though the
drum would turn. Checked the thermal fuse and it was blown, so I replaced
it, yet there wasn't any obstruction anywhere. Started up the dryer and
igniter glowed now but no gas came out so I tapped on the coil/valve a few
times and the burner lit. I sat there watching and after a while it seemed
the burner had been on a while so I again tapped on the coils and the burner
went out immediately. Now, I can't get the gas to turn on except for a half
a second and only if I tap on the coils when I see the igniter glowing.

I'm thinking that the coils that I replaced 6 months ago went bad again, are
now sticky and this forced the burner to stay on too long and that blew the
thermal fuse. Anybody concur or think differently?

Whirlpool LGR7646AQ0

Thanks in advance,
Craig

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4752 (20100107) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds reasonable. Gas valve sticks open, drier overheats.
Works for me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"CraigT" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

CraigT wrote:
[...]

You might have an open coil on the valve. Measure the resistance of
the coil when it fails. Then tap the valve again and see if it
momentarily shows resistance. It is pretty common failure for valves to
have open coils as the wire is very fine and the solder techniques are
sometimes inadequate.

Washer/Dryer combo problems dave Home Repair 3 September 14th 09 01:00 AM
Tumble Dryer Problems Will UK diy 4 December 30th 05 12:52 PM
Kenmore Dryer problems Mike Wassmuth Home Repair 1 September 12th 05 10:30 PM
Problems with G.E. dryer DBXR453 Jethro Home Repair 2 May 26th 05 08:33 PM
Dryer ~ Couple of problems heeler77 Home Repair 0 November 18th 04 08:35 PM