Posted to alt.home.repair

Default rigid foam board in Portland, Or

I need to buy some foam board (say 1"x4'x8') that is fire rated (flame
spread 25) that I can attach to an interior crawlspace foundation wall
and leave exposed.

Where can I buy some in Portland Oregon and what is name of the
product at the location you specify?

Thanks,
Jess

keyword = JessJoeMama
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jess wrote:
I need to buy some foam board (say 1"x4'x8') that is fire rated (flame
spread 25) that I can attach to an interior crawlspace foundation wall
and leave exposed.

Where can I buy some in Portland Oregon and what is name of the
product at the location you specify?

Expanded or extruded polystyrene board can meet that spec. Dow's brand name
is Styrofoam, but OC and JM also have equal. Any home center or building
supply will have it. Why not put 2" and have better insulation? It is
about R4 per inch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Jess wrote:
I need to buy some foam board (say 1"x4'x8') that is fire rated (flame
spread 25) that I can attach to an interior crawlspace foundation wall
and leave exposed.

Where can I buy some in Portland Oregon and what is name of the
product at the location you specify?

Expanded or extruded polystyrene board can meet that spec. Dow's brand name
is Styrofoam, but OC and JM also have equal. Any home center or building
supply will have it. Why not put 2" and have better insulation? It is
about R4 per inch.

I think he is looking for the stuff where you DON'T have to put rock
over it. Not common in the big boxes around here- I need to do my buried
garage bay, to warm up the bedrooms above, but don't want to mess with
sheetrock.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Jess wrote:
I need to buy some foam board (say 1"x4'x8') that is fire rated
(flame spread 25) that I can attach to an interior crawlspace
foundation wall and leave exposed.

Where can I buy some in Portland Oregon and what is name of the
product at the location you specify?

Expanded or extruded polystyrene board can meet that spec. Dow's
brand name is Styrofoam, but OC and JM also have equal. Any home
center or building supply will have it. Why not put 2" and have
better insulation? It is about R4 per inch.

I think he is looking for the stuff where you DON'T have to put rock
over it. Not common in the big boxes around here- I need to do my
buried garage bay, to warm up the bedrooms above, but don't want to
mess with sheetrock.

Flame spread 25 is modified polystyrene. In a crawlspace you may not need
to cover it. Some codes only require rock in an occupied space. Funny
thing is, many wall coverings and paneling will burn faster than the foam.
The foam goes out if you remove the source of ignition.