Posted to alt.home.repair

Default interior foundation insulation of conditioned crawlspace?

My basement space in Portland Oregon consists of two types of areas.

1. Along two walls is an unconditioned crawl space.
2. The remainder of the basement is insulated stud walls that is
conditioned.

There is no mechanical equipment in the crawlspace other than heat
ducting.

I am converting the unconditioned crawlspace into a conditioned
crawlspace.

I am clear on all of the things that need to be done to do this to
code except I am confused when reading the code on one item.

I would like to use Flame Spread 25 or less foam board secured to the
inside of the concrete foundation walls in the crawlspace and not
cover it with something like drywall, but am not sure if this is
allowed, or a more general question...

What are my options for insulating the interior side of a concrete
wall in a conditioned crawl space?

Thanks,
Jess

Keyword = JessJoeMama
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jess" wrote

My basement space in Portland Oregon consists of two types of areas.

inside of the concrete foundation walls in the crawlspace and not
cover it with something like drywall, but am not sure if this is
allowed, or a more general question...

Jess, this depends on Portland Oregon's code. For my area, because it
ajoins living space, it has to be covered. Doesnt have to be drywall, but
has to be covered. Cheap plywood or pressboard is legal where I am for
this.

Although I did not find the specific info you are looking for, the link here
has the local phone numbers for you to call to ask.

http://www.portlandonline.com/shared...e.cfm?id=93019

(Yes, it's a brocure on living spaces and your's isnt but they can still
answer that question)